Agnostic.com

6 7

I agree fully.

MerlinZap 8 Nov 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

normally Penn seems thoughtful but this is silly. A lack of religion is not necessarily better than none, if it were even possible to eradicate it. it just would be nice to see it stripped of its' conceit and judgmentalism.

No I do not agree.

Yes religion does indeed need to go away, but it also needs to be replaced, by things that will fulfill the same social, cultural, economic, emotional biological needs just as well, if only because if it is not, then it will only come back. And fortunately there are masses of things that are waiting to step forward and do so, whether it be, environmentalism, science, philosophy, social justice, the rule of law, secular morality, democracy, free debate, the arts, free media, secular charities, or social clubs etc. all of which offer their own community, logos, mythos, and rituals, to more than equal those of religion.

The great crime of religion is not that it does not often succeed in fulfilling human needs, but that it stands in the way of things that will fulfill them much better, and provides a platform for those who do not want human needs to be better met.

Why do away with nursing homes and orphanages?

Government needs to go away and not be replaced with anything. Christianity theocracy government is not a religion. Christianity theocracy government intent is world domination by laws of government submit to Authority-666 pay taxes capitalism slavery.

Religion ... pure and faultless is this: to help widows and orphans in need and avoiding worldly corruption. James 1:27

Word Level 8 Dec 1, 2022

Yeah, we see this all around us, every day.......

Yep, curiosity, imagination, study of human nature, science exploration, vision toward a better future, all are encouraged with the lack of religion and stunted with religion, in my opinion.

Doing the right thing because it's what we've learned, passed down by family, or common courtesies learned, school rules, civic laws, social awareness, literature and life experiences is all we need, no religion necessary.

I learned more in kindergarten on up, than I did in my years of catechism as to how to be a good person. Later teachers taught me to think for myself. And that is a wonderful thing!

Must have skipped biology class.

skado Level 9 Nov 30, 2022

Yes for once I wholy agree with you.

But, religion does indeed need to go away, but it also needs to be replaced, by things that will fulfill the same social, cultural, economic, emotional biological needs just as well, if only because if it is not, then it will only come back. And fortunately there are masses of things that are waiting to step forward and do so, whether it be, environmentalism, science, philosophy, social justice, the rule of law, secular morality, democracy, free debate, the arts, free media, secular charities, or social clubs etc. all of which offer their own community, logos, mythos, and rituals, to more than equal those of religion.

The great crime of religion is not that it does not often succeed in fulfilling human biological needs, but that it stands in the way of things that will fulfill them much better, and provides a platform for those who do not want human needs to be better met.

Religions are diseases to be eradicated by vaccination...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:697970
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.