Agnostic.com

2 5

Beware ladies, fake Steve Perry is ready to fall in love, just long enough to scam you that is!

Around Thanksgiving I had commented on a video comparing Steve Perry to his replacement. I stated my preference for Steve’s voice and got a comment and a barely concealed coded phone number urging me to text. I ignored it but kept getting more and more texts. Apparently there was something about ME that screamed EASY MARK! I finally texted and at first it seemed possible it was really Steve, wanting to know which of his songs I liked best etc. BUT…. I knew it was a scammer when he dropped this line, “when I was ready to love again” along with his phony as hell drives license! You get the idea, he had asked about my marital status etc. Well I knew it was a scam at that point and blocked him and told him he was a scammer. He contacted me on another ph number, this one most likely cloned from a legit person as well in LA. Apparently I hurt his feelings! Ahhhhhh poor baby!!! hehehehehe He had sent me pics obviously downloaded from Perry fan sites and what not. But come on,, did he really expect me to believe a big celebrity singer was falling in love with a nobody farmer he had never met! I am not that naive! I love Steve’s music, but Steve the private individual is not going to do or say something so illogical as that. This guy never got the hint when I set parameters, no asking one another for money and no asking for gifts. Hes checking on me everyday, calling me “Dear” I find this familiarity annoying to be quite frank. Anyway, I had already decided to keep his attention, because if he is focused on trying to scam me, he is not trying to scam someone more willing to believe Steve Perry would fall in love with a woman he has never met and after just a few texts too mind you! So I am having my fun, show the fake DL to my dentists hygienist, making stuff up so he believes I have the funds he will most assuredly ask for, (I don’t, but he does not know that!) So today it all came to a head! I pissed off the wanna be Steve Perry romance scammer! Hehehehehe!!!

Scammer:Hello Cynthia how are you doing?
And sorry for replying late have been busy with work.

ME: It's okay I've been busy as well. So what are you working on now?

Scammer:Have just been working on getting my bar of Gold sold so i can retire from music and doing some art
Did you see the art i posted some days back?

ME: No I did not. Why don't you text it over so I can see it. I don't have much time to spend online looking for things
Also I thought you just came out of retirement? And you already have a huge net worth so I don't see how retiring would be difficult for you if that's what you want to do. But good luck selling your gold. Personally everything I owned is tied up in land. I have no desire for gold myself.

Scammer: Yes i just came out of retirement but i will be 74 in January not getting any younger and yes i know you have no desire in Gold, you know you could make some money for yourself by helping me through the process this is hard for me to do alone with my law suit and my account being monitored by IRS.
(now note, the real Steve Perry has to be on the up and up, he is not going to have some lowly farmer help him hide money from the IRS, I mean c’mon Scammer boy, you can do better than this! )

ME😕orry but I just do not have the money. I live paycheck to paycheck and everything I own is tied up in livestock and in land. There is work I need to get done on the house that I can't even afford to do like plumbing and electrical. So I don't have money to spend on anything. You'll have to ask your wealthy or friends to help you out that way.
Scammer:I am not asking you for money i have more than enough myself

ME:I'm sorry but I can't help you

Scammer:just don't know how to get the money to the storage company without the IRS finding out and giving me a huge tax on the bar of Gold maybe 40% i can authorize a check send out to you from my investment account for $28,500 and you can help me send it to the storage company i can pay you for helping out if you want.
(He just does not give up here! Seriously, he is invested in pulling one over on me!)

Me: Well you have managers to handle your business aspects. If they can handle road tours and record deals and everything else they can certainly handle this. I can't
Also please remember the parameters that were sent early on. No money involved and no gifts involved etc. Just penpals. Nothing more.

Scammer:I would like if you don't contact me again thanks and have a great day.

( Oh nooooo, what ever will I do, Scammer does not love me anymore!!! boo hoo hehehehe!)

Me: Yeah I knew you were a scammer this is very typical scammer b*** you were trying to pull

Scammer: Okay Cynthia what you say doesn't matter let's be respectful.

Me:Be respectful? You should be ashamed of yourself trying to rip people off. You came after me because you thought what I was lonely and desperate old woman? That I would fall in love with your b*** romance line and that didn't happen because I'm smarter than that.

Scammer: Where is this coming from cynthia? i am not a scammer and this is steve perry.be respectful before i block you and you will never have access to me again. i don't take insult or disrespecting likely. so kindly watch what you say and respect yourself.
Goodbye

(Oh Noooo, I won't have access to fake Steve Perry, oh dear! yeah, he is still maintaining he is the real Steve Perry!)

Maybe NOW I should make sure he understands he miscalculated this mark! Badly!!!

Me: Please the real Steve Perry would not be asking me to help him out like that. His managers would take care of it
But I kept you busy so hopefully you didn't scam anybody else. But I will be posting this on the real Steve Perry's page. It's too easy to download his photos and send them as your own. And I'm sure a lot of ladies that would fall for your BS because they're so in love with Steve Perry. I love his music but I'm not in love with the man so hey your scheme failed. So goodbye and good luck

I have had my laugh for the day, but ladies, please do not fall for this guy. I do not care how lonely or desperate you are. People like this scammer count on exactly that. They know the ego boost if gives a woman to believe a celebrity like Steve Perry would fall in love with THEM! And they are willing to throw caution to the wind. Me, not so much. I’m a hard sell and this guy just never seemed to get the hint. Steve Perry is not going to fall in love with me, or you. We do not cross his path. He is not going to spend his time trying to launder gold bars or anything else. He is comfortably wealthy as it is. This one decided to tell me I was too ugly to date. I don’t really care.

misstuffy 7 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have been texting this scammer for a few weeks now and he told me he thought I could be his "last love"! I was sincerely hoping it was true! He told me today that if I paid $1500 today that Monday we would be on a meet and greet just the 2 of us and that after that we could be together privately! I was supposed to stay in his apartment in Hanford! How was I to get from NY to CA in a few days since I would have to drive! I am heartbroken that it was a scam but at least I didn't cough up $1500!

The address on this fake DL is a NAIL SALON!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:699852
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.