Agnostic.com

5 2

Greetings from Uganda
I was chatting with some friends from Europe and they told me that most churches now are either tourist attractions, museums or discotheques.
Do you know any such churches?
Please share pics as well.

ChrisAine 6 Dec 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hello. As it happened I just came across a video of the church I was telling you about, which is now reused as a shelter for walkers on a walking trail. This is where I live.

@ChrisAine It is the "Lincolnshire Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty" , which in the UK is a legal land use designation just one step below national park.

Check out the following link

[londonist.com]

It looks great too.

We have one that's been turned into a bed and breakfast but the outside just looks like a church. Here's some from the web.

[designwanted.com]

Great designs.

I live in a very rural area, in the UK, and so we do not have many which have been changed into cool things like discotheques. Most, like the one photographed in my own village, end up as private houses. Though a very old one in the next village has been changed into a shelter for hikers on a walking trail which passes nearby.

Adelaide, South Australia, has converted a few churches into pubs/ nightclubs. One's called "The Cathedral"

puff Level 8 Dec 13, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:700051
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.