Agnostic.com

3 3

Christian nationalists: Wanting to put God into US government

[bbc.com]

xenoview 8 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is what happens when dangerously insecure individuals, including Christian nationalists, are confronted by the evil of their own balefulness.

The xian nationalists are terrified.

In the 1960s the GOP’s far right John Birch Society expelled moderate Republicans and recruited the South’s Dixiecrats. They brought their racism into the GOP.

In the 1980s the GOP, without first counting the evangelical xians, invited them to join the Party and since then about one third of Americans and half of Republicans have said the US was designed by God to be a "promised land" for European Christians.

In 2008 the voters elected Barack Obama and the GOP tried to make him a one-term president. They failed.

In 2016, Trump helped the racists capiure the National GOP. In 2020 Trump and the GOP failed.

The BBC article says this year’s polls find that about one third of Americans and half of Republicans say the US was designed by God to be a "promised land" for European Christians. They have since 1980 been about one third of the GOP.

They should have won the 2022 mid-term elections AND THEY LOST.

They can kiss my ENTIRE ass.

I will absolutely violate every religious law that is enacted.
The older I get, the less the threat of prison is a deterrent.

@KKGator, you’ll have to become a schoolkid in one of a few Southern school districts to violate every religious law that’s enacted.

@yvilletom Well, we both know that's not happening. I'm sure I will find other ways.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:700627
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.