Agnostic.com

6 0

As an Atheist do you still choose to listen to Christmas music?

I grew up listening to Boney M, especially their Christmas album, and it reminds me of a time when our family was together, innocence, and carries that festive vibe about it.

With their lyrics heavily based on Christian faith/Jesus, even as an Atheist, I still play it during this time of year. The poll question is focused on if you choose to listen to it. NOTE: Walking into a department store / (or any place other than yours) hearing it in the distance doesn't count as choice since you have not control over that.

Do you (choose to) listen to Christian Christmas music or not during the season?

• 7 votes
  • 16 votes
MacStriker 7 Dec 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No. Not because it is Christian, but just because most of it is horrible.

I have a cd but rarely listen, it's Canadian Brass...no words.

It's my job to play that. but it's getting old.

Oh, Boney M is eternal, and timeless!

I didn’t participate in the poll because it didn’t have an option for my view.

First of all, I’m not an atheist.

I don’t choose to listen to Christmas music or any other seasonal music during any particular time of year.

But neither do I avoid it. It’s all just a part of the background of the culture I inhabit.

skado Level 9 Dec 17, 2022

I enjoy some of it, but never seek it out. There are several choral arrangements of which I am quite fond.

Yes I still listen to seasonal music, as long as it's none of the overly religious songs like say O' Holy Night or God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. Songs like Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer and Sleigh Ride are still fun to listen to.

Agreed, I do enjoy the non-religious Christmas music as well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:700750
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.