Agnostic.com

6 4

I remember this book and how Christiansxwould always reference it. I didn't notice when they stopped. Now I know why.

[link.medium.com]

Reignmond 7 Dec 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, I remember people touting that book showing a "real life" tale of what heaven was like. In my mind I felt whatever the kid was murmuring in the hospital was a reflection of what he'd been taught, the stories had come to life in his dreams and also what the dad was reading into it with his own concepts of heaven, angels, gods, etc.. I seem to remember vaguely something about the kid recanting the story, but it's hard to know what to believe.

Vivid descriptions of things that have been suggested to us in stories like this can also be applied to the various UFO abduction stories, how the similarities might have been suggested to them in science fiction literature or movies. We don't know if there are truly alien abductions happening from other worlds, but the chance of them all looking similar to humans is interesting and does beg a bit of skepticism.

There's nothing scarier than a cockamamie believe system looking for validation of their nonsensical fairy tales

I have died twice and all that is Malarkey, aka BS.
Nor did i come back wanting to do good things for humankind (if only ya'll send me donations so i can).

Now Anne.... you can't just say that and drop the mike. That requires some explanation. Are you serious?

@TheoryNumber3 once by strangulation by first hubby, i was age 19....last thing i remember was deep worry about my infant daughter being raised by the people that raised Him. He panicked when i "went" & got me back with CPR-ish breathing he learned in the Navy.
Second time was a massive brain-stem stroke from chiropractic manupulation (NEVER let them snap your neck!!!!!!!). 3 weeks in hospital (had my 39th birthday there), head in sandbags, catheter because NO movement allowed, & massive doses of heparin.
Terrible pain & major fear as i could feel my brain going, literally going....i went to a lovely quiet pain-free place and hated to come back to the pain, plus my speech, eyesight, balance & IQ were shot to shit. For years, dealing with The New Me, i longed to return.
As i age, that feeling has returned.
Fear not Death, it can be your friend.

@AnneWimsey WOW! That's a helluva tale. You just never know people's back stories. You're a tough lady. Glad you're still here 🙂 I really enjoy your sense of humor and your contributions to the discussions.

GREAT story! How'd I miss that nonsense? I hope the mom collected cash....she & the son will need it!

New story to me.

I do remember this. The boy told the truth and did not lie but nobody has come back from Heaven because nobody has ever went to Heaven. The churchworld wanted it to be true so badly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:700919
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.