Agnostic.com

8 13

LINK Atheism Skyrockets in Generation Z

DETROIT (ChurchMilitant.com) - Studies show that atheism is growing at an alarming rate in the United States.

According to data and analysis published in January by religious research company Barna Group, 13 percent of Generation Z identify as atheists. Generation Z consists of those born 1999-2015.

This is around double the percentage of atheists in previous generations. Only about 7 percent of U.S. Millennials, for instance, called themselves atheists.

zblaze 7 Apr 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Alarming huh? I see the growth as wonderful progress in the right direction. The age of reason is here to stay!

Cool!

Yay! We are freaking them out. 🙂

‘Alarming’ makes it sound like a bad thing.

Right?!?!
That was my first thought. But I guess from the perspective of those funding the studies it's a bad thing. It will translate into a loss of income for the churches (or mosques or temples or whatever...) And although I would hardly call 13% "skyrocketing" imagine if your stocks kept slipping by that amount each year. Yikes.
I'm thinking we can all agree, though, that it's a very good thing. 🙂

education is key,no longer do we need a God that only loves us,by believing in him.No long we believe that a Satan only sin was to educate mankind.

Glad to see less and less people are buying the bull crap elderly preachers are selling in the pulpit!

Alarming! lol

Written by a 'religious research company' Barna Group. Alarming to them, inspiring to me...lol

Lol they're saying "alarming rate".

Let me explain why I express laughter.

They just dislike it when people realize that views on religion have to change and update themselves. I will bet you that the majority of these people are reactionaries.

Not that I am an atheist or anything, but I think this is very funny.

Maybe people of low intelligence will be affected the most by this change, but otherwise, it's not even their business. They can't play mom and dad to people that they don't even know.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:70124
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.