Agnostic.com

7 13

LINK Neil deGrasse Tyson: DO THIS Every Morning To Find Happiness & Meaning In Your Life

Very personal interview with Neil. He really is very intelligent🧠

rainmanjr 8 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's not intelligent to call someone very intelligent. He does have a strong passion for his field.

His gift is his intellect and ability to express it in a way that appeals to people less informed and educated than he is.

We are stardust, yet share DNA with the most mundane forms of life. Wisdom is what happens when we forget the details.Work everyday to remove suffering. Observe others to learn how to communicate better. Balance your rational and emotional response. What’s not to love here?

"How to be a wonderful engaging communicator."
Quoting the interviewer, near the end.

Most interesting.

Alway enjoy NDGT 😎👍

I like this guy a lot.

I do too but get tired of his manner. Nobody should strive this hard to explain a position. I found his young self's view of being black as very interesting.

@rainmanjr I wouldn't know. I'm not black so his view is good enough for me.

@barjoe I'm not either but I get told enough about being so. His take on wanting to achieve on equal merit, as opposed to skin color, tends to support the Con argument against school quotas. Seems surprising that he doesn't address the disparity between the two. Not something I'm hung up on but noticed.

@rainmanjr He was born to well-educated intellectuals, with secure finances, employment & housing. He was gifted a greater than usual intelligence. He went to a 'science' school, in a city with people, places & opportunities to support his learning.
His circumstances are not relevant to any debate(?) over the need for equitable treatment of disadvantaged children; especially due to consequences of generational racism with compounding social, economic, health, and many other factors.

@LizZyG I'm not of the opinion that one must live the life in order to weigh facts and arrive at an opinion. His would be more informed than most, as well, so we are in disagreement. Worse things have befallen the human race so don't let it get to you.

Of course he gets an opinion, as do we all. But, his experience & approach to life, isn't an example of 'overcoming'; nor is his opinion of greater value than any other on-looker, on this issue. He surely isn't referencable as an expert. (He has been spouting his opinions on a lot of things, way outside his field, recently. So much so, that I've lost confidence in his envelope-pushing ideas, even within his field.)

@LizZyG Then neither was Buddha’s.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:701255
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.