Agnostic.com

3 6

Pennsylvania Has Lost a Legend. Franco Harris.

barjoe 9 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wish the Bucs could have beaten the Rams to have gone to the Super Bowl so he could have become intimately acquainted with our hardcore defense (including the late Le Roy Selmon), but yeah. I recall the terrible towel. I was too young to recall seeing the Immaculate Reception but knew of it much later. I started watching football in mid to late 70’s and liked the Steelers. We have lost another legend in Harris! I can’t recall if I ever saw him and the Steelers play live at the Big Sombrero. I do recall seeing Payton play.

I don’t think we were going to many games in the 1980 season and apparently Harris wasn’t involved in this game: [pro-football-reference.com]

But given Tampa’s defense the previous season and Doug Williams’ arm, Tampa could have given the Steelers a tough game in the Super Bowl the Rams kept us out of 😔

@Scott321 The Year the Tony Dungy, Brad Johnson, Warren Sapp Bucs beat the Eagles, we would've beaten the Raiders as well. You won the NFC & Superbowl and I got over it. Would've, could've, should've. Steelers would've, could've and should've beaten John McCays' Buccaneers imo. Hypothetical.

@barjoe Spoken like a true football fan! The Eagles are serious this year. If they beat the Chiefs in a SB I will applaud them. Brady has tanked. Tua is inconsistent. I like Josh Allen’s spirit!

I recall Randall being brother of Sam the Bam of the Pats. And I have family in Trevose including a late Marine uncle. Buddy Ryan was your coach and he loved defense (46 style). He was a bit of an awkward fit on the Oilers sideline if you remember.

And I lost a five dollar bet to my mom on Super Bowl XV. You do recall that one right?

@Scott321 Jalen Hurts has a sprained shoulder and we play the Cowboys Xmas Eve with a mediocre backup, Gardner Minshew, so this negative Philly fan isn't sure.

A great athlete and person.

I'm so sorry to hear this! I had the opportunity to meet and chat with him once at a benefit and was struck by what a gentle person he was.

Wonderful man and without as doubt a great player.

@barjoe Like Rosey Grier...another wonderful, gentle man who was a fixture back in the days when I helped at the Special Olympics. All the athletes adored him and he was inevitably kind and interested in each one of them.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:701395
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.