Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK Insurance policy does not apply to trucking or business use

(Conservative judges will usually rule in favor of big corporations. In this case insurance premiums were paid, but the insurance company escaped having to pay the insures. Perhaps they paid the judge instead?)

Because the liability insurance policy was a “nontrucking” policy, Great American Assurance Co. will not be liable in any underlying lawsuits resulting from a November 2019 crash.

A South Carolina judge ruled in the insurance company’s favor on Dec. 19.

snytiger6 9 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Insurance and risk was the reason I stopped driving Uber, bought a cargo van I could sleep in and shelter from storms, and began living as a road hobo. I took short-term jobs that were disposable (like phone work) and luckily got offered a room in a friend's house (for small affordable rent). I then turned 63 and took my SS so now have a consistent income which I don't exceed. Internet keeps me entertained and Tao instructs me what to place my activities, concerns, and time into but, being single and debt free (with enough savings to augment income if necessary), gives me the ability to live this way. It's a good way to live, too. Minimizing one's needs and desires is better than trying to make those offering temptations to go away or improve their products. I get to simply SMH at their nonsense and walk away.

When I lived in Los Angeles and worked as an "Extra" for films and TV, I had a friend who lived in his van in order to make ends meet. I think most people would be surprised to find out just how many persons live in their vehicles.

I myself had a rent controlled apartment and rode public transit. I left L.A. in 2010, because it just got to be too crowded and crime was on the rise.

@snytiger6 L.A is a mess. I lived in Long Beach and didn't pay it much attention but left just before the King riot.

Wow, that's really frustrating to hear about the insurance policy not applying to trucking or business use. It's unfortunate when big corporations seem to have an advantage in court cases like this. Keep in mind, though, that it's important to have the right insurance coverage in place, as it can make a big difference in the event of an accident. On another note, if you're looking for a trucking job, have you checked out [newjobs4you.com] ? They have a wide range of options available. Just keep in mind to always be informed about the insurance policy of the company you're applying to.

@AbrilYates I’m happily retired

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:701695
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.