Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK George Santos 2016 Voter Registrations in Florida and New York

Republican Rep.-elect George Santos’s official biography was willed with misrepresentations, but his real history is coming into focus.

A Republican representative-elect who appeared to falsify much of his resume also registered to vote in two states in 2016, according to public records, albeit with the second registration coming after Election Day.

The timeline of his eviction and voter registrations are just the latest verifiable morsels of Santos’s biography, following much of his resume falling apart after closer inspection this month. Santos’s campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

In his campaign, his misrepresentations ranged from his career to his education and philanthropic ventures. He claimed he was a Wall Street financier with jobs at Citigroup and Goldman Sachs, neither of which had a record of his employment, the New York Times reported. Santos’s claims to have graduated from Baruch College were also unverifiable. He also said he employed four people who were killed in the June 2016 Pulse Night Club shooting in Orlando, a claim the Times was unable to substantiate. An animal rescue charity Santos claimed to run was not registered as a nonprofit with the IRS.

Santos’s financial disclosures show that his salary grew significantly since his first congressional run against Rep. Tom Suozzi, D-N.Y., in 2020, when he earned $55,000 at a company called LinkBridge Investors. Santos’s most recent disclosure lists a salary of $750,000 from the Devolder Organization, an LLC he created in May 2021. Santos loaned his campaign more than $700,000 this cycle.

On his campaign website, Santos described the LLC as his family’s firm, where he was a managing member who oversaw asset allocations. The organization, which is based in New York and registered in Florida, dissolved in September. The day after the New York Times reported multiple inconsistencies in Santos’s resume, Santos reinstated the LLC, according to public records from the Florida Department of State. (The reinstatement was first reported by Talking Points Memo.) Its mailing address is listed at an apartment in Merritt Island, Florida, which public records show was purchased by a couple in August.

According to campaign finance disclosures, Santos’s campaign raised just under $400,000 from individuals and organizations in Florida.

In a statement Monday, Santos’s lawyer did not dispute any of the reported inconsistencies but said the Times was “attempting to smear his good name with these defamatory allegations.” On Thursday, Santos wrote in a tweet that he had a “story to tell and it will be told next week. I want to assure everyone that I will address your questions and that I remain committed to deliver the results I campaigned on; Public safety, Inflation, Education & more.”

snytiger6 9 Dec 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

TRump has a lot to answer for, hence this fool.

When Trump was leading the party, it forced republicans to drop any standards they may have had for candidates.

It will be interesting to see how to vote for House Speaker goes today. I expect it to be chaotic. Until a speaker is selected, constitutionally, the House can't do any other business. It will bring a whole new meaning to a "do nothing congress".

Just another Republican dirtbag!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:702014
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.