Agnostic.com

5 1

Time is an illusion - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR5aYgcch8Q

Can this theory be pier reviewed and studied? Is this more New Age mumble jumble? Tell us what you think after watching this short video!

BrigittaCuadros 6 Apr 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Utter Crap,springs to mind.

Coldo Level 8 Apr 30, 2018

I have looked other perceptions of time and found there is more than a measure of movement.

He starts out on the right track and then goes off the rails.

I agree with TheAstroChuck that time is the fourth dimension.

But I think the point is that the past and future are illusions. Time is like a railroad track. We are on the time-train and the present is the track beneath us. The past is the track behind us. The future is the track in front of us. But it's all the same track. The past, present and future, all exist simultaneously. It is only our perception that is limited.

“Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I got as far as Jesse Elder saying that if I imagine a future event, I'm catching a memory of my future self. Then I imagined that the next thing I'd see in the video was Jesse Elder's head exploding as the noxious gasses from all the bullshit he was spouting, spontaneously ignited. Then I waited for my future self to experience that in order to remember it. Shame, it never happened. It would have been so good to control the future by imagining it. However, illusory or not, my time was too precious to me, to spend any more of it watching that tosh.

I think it is a mistake. Time is not an illusion for us in the way we experience life. It may be an illusion to a scientist or mathematician working on these concepts but even they must start their day with the alarm clock going off each morning just like the rest of us.

cava Level 7 Apr 30, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:70231
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.