Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK Are Video Calls the Best We Can Do in the Age of the Metaverse? | Josephine Eyre

She presents a very good case for VR and AI, together, being our new tools. I not only think she's got good reason for her enthusiasm but that the pairing is humanities only hope for surviving climate change. We need to roam, have experiences, and learn from our travels. We also need to experience some fantasies and adventures in a safer manner but addictions to VR will likely be profoundly hard to break. Still, together they allow for these things without waste products fouling the environments and air or expense and frustration. Have a VR holiday gathering, for Christ's sake.

rainmanjr 8 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think it is all bullshit and she must be a friend of Zuckerberg. He's really hung up in VR right now. Metaverse. What is the Metaverse? It cannot be proven that we really have one. It's just a haven for science fiction writers and people who want to believe something without evidence.

Meh. That's pretty much exactly what was said about AOL. I don't like Z but I post most of what I want friends to see on his Rag. They won't go to Mastodon and I'm not going to the tick n' tock Chinese app so FB it is. If they don't read they don't care. But the Meta will be experiential and, as Eyre points out, real for our brain to take in. As real as this illusion has been for us. Z's making a great bet on Meta.

@rainmanjr Yes but the Metaverse is an illusion.

@DenoPenno An illusion for an illusion. Perfect.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:702717
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.