Agnostic.com

2 6

More than a dozen special operations soldiers at the center of a drug trafficking probe. Here is that article. If you want to go down a rabbit hole, just go to Google and type in military drug smuggling. A lot have been caught. And those are the most current and the ones reported and not handled internally.
Side note: when i was in the Navy, we got a guy shipped to us from an East coast carrier; we were on a West coast carrier. We worked in the intelligence offices - CVIC. He was one of a handful not arrested for plans to smuggle hash back from a Mediterranean cruise in Top Secret safes. Of course, officers and higher ranking NCOs had to be involved to make that plan work. I don't know how they got caught. I do know that on my first cruise, when we were heading stateside, I was sent TAD (temporarily assigned duty) to be a fully sworn in customs inspector (2 days of training and 2 weeks of gravy work). Because i had a TS clearance, I got to sit on an atomic bomb.

[military.com]

Beowulfsfriend 9 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was security for uploaded jets and touched one. Not as cool as doing a Dr Strangelove but still felt odd. There's lots of rule breaking to go around and corruption at high levels is just a higher form of it.

I didn't have my hat ad were at sea. At the time, first thing I was thinking was that film. A few times I observed the bombs when they were loaded and off loaded. The Marines set up a machine gun nests on two sides of building just past the pier.

I served in the 70s, corruption and theft was common. I doubt it's changed much, why would it?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:704449
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.