Agnostic.com

3 2

I almost broke my neck today at work, because the customer in drive-thru parked a mile away from the window. I almost fell out! Grrr...

I'm just venting. Don't read this if you don't care or want to. Sorry.

Today started out good, even though it was my day off. Some co-worker found me on FB and messaged me last night, if I could cover her 7 hr shift today. They all know I don't know how to say No. My boss was in a bad mood with me today, because I had gotten my asssitant manager a free Dutch Bros coffee on Sunday. My GM was mad. (I had a free drink on my Dutch Bros coffee card, I walked to Dutch Bros for my GM on Friday. She paid though) She mentioned it to me. She's bipolar, but had a great day with everyone else. I didn't say anything this morning to her. The co-worker told me I was opening the front from 10-5 pm. I get there, and I'm in my least experienced position, the drive-thru. I only had one day in training 2.5 years ago. Here they threw me on it one day and expected me to be a professional at it. I didn't get any patience with anyone that was helping me.

I'm too short to reach the cars that park a mile away from the window. I tried using a box to stand on today, but it only helped reach the customers. I was too tall on it to use my register. So I put it back. The window is really high up in the drive-thru. Today, a man parked so far away and saw me almost falling out, yet would not open his door to grab the food/drinks. He was reaching with his hand. If I had fallen and broken my neck... I would've quit right then and there. It's not my favorite position. My feet hurt after work because I'm standing on my toes all day. For 6.5 hrs.

They told me I had to do: panning all the bacon, all the dishes, stock, coordinate my food, help take the orders, also collect the cash. I was set up for a bad day. Next time next Monday when she calls off, I will say NO! I ended up only doing 3 sets of bacon pans, no dishes, coordinating, dropping fries, stocking, and collecting cash. We were too busy for me to do everything in only a few hours. Others helped me. I thanked them. Idk how she does all of that?

I walked home crying. I didn't even want the free meal or free drink for coming on my day off. They offered, I said, "No thank you." She gets to work my 3 hr shift tomorrow. I ended up complaining a little, because I felt stupid for saying I would help her. She calls off a lot.

I'm home now for 2 days. My boyfriend has tomorrow off as well. It was also payday today, I wanted to get something cool at Wal-Mart that Shawn had. A portable phone charger. I want to relax now. I took a hot shower, had a good cry, and now I'm ready for my 2 days off. Yay!

Sarahroo29 8 Apr 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Get a canoe paddle and place their order on it and stick it in the car window. Maybe they'll get the message

Or a large wooden pizza spatula. That could handle those boxes that hold multiple drinks.

@WilliamCharles Good idea.

Yeah!

They need to buy you guys a set of good grabber sticks for when that happens.

[m.uline.com]

Yes.

Damm girl you got to git yourself another job

Right? I'm scared to leave.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:70490
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.