Agnostic.com

4 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If I understand it correctly you go to jail because you fucked with Microsoft? The USA is not land of the free people anymore, corporations are the free.

He was selling a product that was not his to sell, and that Microsoft allow their customers to make for free. He clearly didn't do it out of malice, or an intent to con his customers, but it's still illegal.

@Rufus_Maximus It is corporations and money running and ruining this country. Microsoft has access to an arsenal of lawyers, politicians have their hands open to them, how was this guy to defend himself against that. This matter should never have ended in a prison sentence. This is another case of uncontrolled rampant capitalism.

@buzz13 as a software engineer if I find out somebody is selling something I made with the intent of it being free to my customers, do I not have any right to recourse in the law? This guy was capitalising on something he had no right to sell. The prison sentence is over the top, especially given that he was also fined, but he is not in the right.

Fucking corporations do whatever they want.

Fake news

Sounds like a bullshit charge to me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:70561
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.