Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK Why we all need subtitles now - YouTube

I get so much more out of films at home because of the subtitles. My favorite example of this is in Meet Joe Black during the hospital scene with a Jamaican woman. It's a big scene and absolutely nobody knows what they hell either person is saying.

rainmanjr 8 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Almost all movies made after the 1970s I must have subtitles to know what is being said by the actors. On the other hand, there are very few old movies I need subtitles for...I think in those days talking was more important than background and music soundtracks. Also I know a lot of silent film stars did not do well after sound was added because of accents, etc.

Ray13 Level 8 Jan 21, 2023

The video goes into that.

I have subtitles on most all the time. Bad ears and too much background music while the actors are all but whispering to each other.

I have used subtitles since they were available on DVD and especially love the SDH. You catch many subtle noises you might otherwise miss. I love foreign films and opera so got used to being able to read the script and watch the action.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:705749
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.