Agnostic.com

14 13

I've never been so sick in my life. I used a second brand of test just to be sure. Wouldn't you know it? Pharmacy is going to deliver Paxlovid this afternoon. I hope it works.

barjoe 9 Jan 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Get well soon!

(And please keep all of us posted - thanks.)

Thanks friend. I'm coming along nicely.

Oh man 🙁 I wish I was near .
P will work , and stay in bed . For real , do nothing than drink water / keep throat moist / motrin if u can tolerate once a day / pee / sleep .
I am sorry man

Thank you. You described my last three days to a "t".

Joe, I'm so sorry to hear this. The first time I had it was before vaccines and meds and it was friggin brutal. Wish I could upload some homemade chicken soup I just made to you. 😘(

Thanks Trudy. I lived on in mostly water. Yesterday I felt good enough to eat some chicken I had in the fridge and this morning I made some eggs. Appreciate the kind thoughts.

Hopefully your immune system knocks it back quickly! If you had boosters you’ll have months of hybrid immunity as a consolation for the misery. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks. Hopefully.

I hope you feel better soon. 🤗

Betty Level 8 Jan 21, 2023

Thank you so much.

Paxlovid was great and helped quickly with my bout. Best wishes.

I've heard about rebound. Did you have any problem with that? How soon after you got done your 5 days did you test negative?

@barjoe Never had any rebound. I was negative as soon as I retested - that may have been a week after my first positive test. I just stayed in my room and no one else caught it at my place.

Commiserations, I hope you feel much better soon. I haven’t had Covid…yet, but I’m sure I will eventually.

Sadly, I think you're right. I have had 5 shots of the vaccine. I had Covid almost three years ago, so there should be natural immunity. I don't go anywhere without a mask and I somehow I still got it.

That sucks, but I understand Paxlovid makes a tremendous difference (or it has in friends who have used it) so fingers crossed that it kicks in quickly.

I'm feeling better, I'm going to test myself on Wednesday, see if I'm still positive.

Oh, so sorry! Feel better soon! Paxlovid should work quickly.

Paxlovid is some powerful stuff with many side effects, it makes you almost as sick as the virus.

@barjoe Argggh! That stinks. I'd still probably take it, though. I hope it knocks your COVID to the moon.

I hope you will soon feel a lot better. Fortunately fewer people are having serious effects, now that the medical agencies are learning more about how to deal with it.

IDK. I had it 3 years ago, March 2020 and this bout was way worse than back then. It can stop be a nasty one.

Best wishes. Keep us posted.

Thanks. It's more like a bad cold at this point.

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery!

And good luck with your shoulder surgery.

Oh crap. Keep us posted please. Wish you were closer.

Thank you. I'm staying to feel better.

Best wishes for Paxlovid success!

skado Level 9 Jan 21, 2023

Thanks for the kind words. Beginning the 4th day of a 5 day regimen and today is the first day I got out of bed and had a shower.

@barjoe
Sounds like progress. Glad to hear it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:705834
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.