Agnostic.com

6 4

Since I got bumped off my old membership (which is still active but just not to me) I did some thinking. When we joined the site (I was one of the first members) we were told it is free with no ads, which it has been. BUT, after over 5 years the site is still going but is developing problems and admin. seems absent. Who among us will work for free for years. Maybe there's not a lot of motivation for the admin. to keep us going and getting little or no compensation. I would be willing to donate or even pay a basic membership. We do live in a world where money is critical. Why not a fee for a place, too many of us have become addicted to?

jackjr 7 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Or adverts.

Of course

Yes, a fee, but only providing there is no other undisclosed monetising of the site through our participation. What would be point of paying a fee while still undisclosed monetising?

I agree but so far there has been non (that we know of).

I am not addicted and would not be willing to pay, mostly because the owner just abandoned us, instead of either asking for volunteers to help or suggesting the small fee to pay for tech support.

This site is starting to produce the negative side effects that made me delete my Facebook. For fuck's sake I had to hide my identity because some asshole was threatening to try to get me fired from my job. I don't know that I'd be terribly upset if it failed, and definitely not enough to spend any money to keep it afloat.

I agree. Those of us that enjoy the side should support it either by watching ads or with a membership fee. It doesn’t have to be much but it’s certainly worth more than free.

I think maintenance of the server on this site is long overdue.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:706494
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.