Agnostic.com

2 5

LINK Anti-abortion protesters break into Walgreens AGM meeting room | Reuters

Jan 26 (Reuters) - Anti-abortion protesters broke into the room where Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (WBA.O) held its annual shareholders meeting in Newport Coast, California on Thursday for its decision to start selling abortion pills, the pharmacy chain said.

Walgreens and CVS Health Corp (CVS.N) said on Jan. 4 that they plan to offer abortion pills following the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) decision to allow retail pharmacies to offer the drug in the country for the first time.

"Today, directly after the close of official business of our annual shareholders meeting, a small group of protesters entered the meeting room without authorization," Walgreens Senior Director for External Relations Fraser Engerman told Reuters.

"We are grateful that none of our shareholders, team members and event staff were harmed during this incident," Engerman said in a written statement.

The FDA on Jan. 3 finalized a rule allowing retail pharmacies to sell mifepristone. However, pharmacies must still weigh whether and where to offer the pill given political controversy surrounding abortion in the United States.

snytiger6 9 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hope the group of morons got arrested. It's a woman's choice to have a child and shouldn't be looked at as baby factories. There's too many people on this rock as it is.

I think this is ultimately a losing issue for FR and the nuttier they get the more voters will reject them. Therefore I delight in their antics.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:706754
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.