Agnostic.com

3 5

Turkish creationist gets 8,658 years in prison. [timesofisrael.com]

jackjr 7 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He definitely deserves to die in prison for his actions, sexual assaults of minors and such. That said, the court is in reality punishing him for being against Erdogan. One has to wonder if he had been an Erdogan supporter,, would his real crimes have ever been adjudicated.

Good question. I'm sure tRump is jealous that someone else has soo much power and he has none.

I guess he won't be getting out anytime soon unless his "god" saves him, NOT. Serves him right.

Betty Level 8 Jan 28, 2023

His initial sentence of over 1,000 years was not enough so thought he's appeal. Hope he's happy now. Wonder if Islam has saints!?

@jackjr As an opportunist and abuser, he thought he was untouchable. He probably thought that with his connections that an appeal would overturn his sentence. I am happy that the reaction he got from them is was to increase his punishment. He will never see the light of day as a free man again and it is what in my opinion, he deserves.

@Betty There was a (horror) film and, at one time my ghost posted it. It was about a drug dealer having to go to a Turkish prison.
Now I remember - 'Midnight Express'.

@jackjr I saw that. Not a pleasant place, as portrayed in the movie.

@Organist1 I had forgotten about it until our discussion came up.

He'll likely die in prison. /s

Maybe Allah will rescue him.

@jackjr That is the understanding of Islam (and every dogmatic religion that offers a Heaven for those who believed. Incidentally, believing is a form of observation which, according to Niels Bohr, pins down an electron to one location--or make it real).

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:706952
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.