Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Pentagon: Chinese Spy Balloon Spotted Over Montana

"Pentagon officials said the balloon traveled from China to the Aleutian Islands near Alaska, and through northwest Canada over the past few days before arriving somewhere over Montana, where it was hovering on Wednesday."

barjoe 9 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Seems like a country with so much advanced technology could come up with something a little better than a balloon.

@jackjr Do you know how big that balloon is? It's carrying a payload the size of 3 school buses and the balloon itself is over 100' in diameter. You think that's low tech? Pentagon already said PRC is lying when they said it's a civilian weather balloon gone awry. They don't want to shoot it down because a payload that size, at that altitude (60K', 12 miles) would spread indiscriminate debris over a huge area. Even in Montana, risks casualties or death. It's now over St Louis so the risk would be much greater.

@barjoe Okay I give, a high tech balloon.

Really, balloons, in the age of satellites and hackers? A bit low tech, don't you think? It's not like you couldn't shoot it down. Oh wait, you could. My guess is the Chinese are trolling the Yanks with this, while their hackers and other tech siphons off the real data surreptitiously. Nothing is what it seems these days. Of course we don't know about American spy balloons, do we. We only hear about what the bad guys do.

Base garbage sensationalism is always useful to divert public attention.

I still think they should shoot it down. It's over Montana for goodness sake. There's like 100K people in the whole state. What are they worried about? A few wild Byson?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:707863
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.