Agnostic.com

3 10

Just trying to put things into perspective.

Retired 6 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am aware of all this about exercise, I always assumed that such people never lived longer but their life style made their short lives seem to go on forever.
Honestly I'd rather live to 64 smoking weed and eating prime rib and cock every night then live to 150 never smoking, eating rice cakes and remaining a virgin the entire time.
My Motto is stolen from Blondie.
Die Young, stay pretty!

you forgot Jim Fixx, the original proponent of running, particularly long-distance...dead at 55

My hiking partner Karen was married to a doctor. Jeff was an obsessive exerciser. He cross country skied in international competitions. Practiced and ran 20 miles daily.

This gave Jeff an enlarged heart, common with great athletes. The walls of his heart got thinner as his heart got bigger.

At 65, Jeff died in his sleep after his heart failed. One of his heart walls broke open.

Karen was out of town. Returning home, she found Jeff dead in bed.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:708532
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.