Agnostic.com

5 2

There's going to be ads for Jesus aired during the Superbowl tomorrow evening. This is why we can't compete with the Xians with our message. Commercial air time during the Superbowl is hugely expansive. Atheism may be the truth but the money we have to work with is dick. 😟

Sgt_Spanky 8 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Atheistic apologetics has a bigger problem than lack of money. It has a fertility problem. Atheists have fewer offspring to indoctrinate than religious people, not to mention the fact that they often claim they prefer not to indoctrinate even when they have the opportunity. After biological predisposition, parental orientation is the second most consequential influence on religious uptake. Where advertising dollars figure in, I don’t know. I doubt it has much sway.

skado Level 9 Feb 11, 2023

Atheists typically are born to religious parents. Anyone can become non religious at any point in their life, birth rates don't determine that in my opinion.

@Tejas
It’s an understandable opinion, but take a look at the statistics.

Who cares? Who are they advertising to at this point? Literally the whole planet knows of Christianity Islam and Judaism. Let them waste their money.

Tejas Level 8 Feb 11, 2023

Why does Coca-Cola still bother advertising, or McDonalds, or Ford, or any other hugely successful entity everyone already knows?

@Sgt_Spanky Not sure, but I think it's so the Executives can score tickets and fantastic seats to the big event

@Sgt_Spanky companies come out with new products. Religion doesn't produce anything new, just the same ole bs.

Those ads have been on TV for almost a year...they show troubled people of all ages and state "jesus gets US"...pretty low-key and full of actual caring about others, as Xians should be....i have no problem with them.

This is one big reason I suggest uniting under an acceptable idea (like Brights.com) which can use donations much more effectively. Atheist won't do that, however, because they are terribly smart people. They've figured out the truth, after all.

We're too enlightened for our own good.

We can't claim atheism on our taxes either

twill Level 7 Feb 11, 2023
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:709143
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.