Agnostic.com

9 2

Who would vote for removing our troops from the middle east,Europeand Asia and why.

As much as I detest the wars we are in I would remove them from The Middle East with exception of Saudi Arabia and I would keep them in Europe and Asia as deterrents.China owns the largest submarine fleet and is building carriers in their desire to become a world naval power.We will need a larger navy as it has been reduced greatly at the expense of the F35 plane.China and Russia both have million man armies and are trying to dominate the North and South poles.Both have several modern ice breakers.These changes need to be addressed because as the shipping lanes become available it will be important to have a presence. These other countries are looking for the resources that will become available without the ice.Note: scientists have just discovered that the perma frost is giving off fives times more CO2 than they predicted.I look forward to the island of FLorida.

Marine 8 May 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Because wWTHare our troops anywhere unless NATO-activated?!!!
I would so enjoy German, Australian, Laotian or whatever troops stationed here....you?

I think each location needs to be individually reviewed as political ties to different nations will be involved with each one. An all or nothing answer is never the correct answer, the world literally doesn't work that way.

TimP Level 3 May 1, 2018

As a company grade U.S. Army officer who experienced the fun of Vietnam. And later as a consultant to the DoD and USAF, I can honestly say that:
You should NEVER get involved in a land war in Asia.
You should NEVER get involved in "nation building" where "tribal" best describes the opposing political factions.
Other than that, carry on.

Stop killing people you effing twats

I'm torn. It's all about economics. I understand why we're there, but my human side wants us out of there for the sake of the soldiers and their families and the wars we have gotten into and will get into in the near future. If we leave the region, our economy will be fucked though in the more long term fashion. Our way of life will be different, and maybe more people will die that way. None of the other countries are going to get out of the area or throw away their own interests they have there. It would be great if all of them could compromise for all our benefit, but that's not how it works, and it never will. It's all about who can remain the economic giant for as long as the resources will allow us to.

Our military is still more advanced than both the Russians and the Chinese. It is inevitable that we go to war with at least one of them. Even if we did defeat both of them, it wouldn't be a consolation that we "won" really.

Bottom line: If we all keep going this way, we're all fucked.

@Morganfreeman Yeah, but you're talking about a war with boots on the ground in a foreign land with infinite geographical advantages for the home team.

Do not underestimate the Chinese they have very advanced subs that may be better than ours and their army is very well trained and has compontents similar to ours. They have copied our f35 fighter from our papers. They are futher advanced than the Russians.

@Marine Definitely not underestimating either the Russians or the Chinese. A war between us and either of them or both of them would be devastating to all involved. Even though we have a stronger military technology wise, it's not by a mile. There would still be great loss on all sides. I actually think a war between all of those parties would end with nukes if it's to trump the others economies long term in the name of resources like oil that aren't known exactly when they will run out. New oil fields are becoming discovered less and less every year. We probably still have a few decades, but that's not that long, relatively.

Trump said he was withdrawing from NATO, then several European countries immediately agreed to pays their dues for our support.
Also, for most of you Americans with no knowledge of history, we fought in ww1, left, then Hitler took over. Our forces have kept the peace, and it's much cheaper than ww3.
So, don't reinvent the wheel, children, instead, grab some thick history books, read them carefully, and stfu

You have some good valid points but your attitude really destroys any credence you might have had.

@TimP yes your right. I'm so sick of people who read fake news and repeat it as truth. Sometimes, I don't think anybody reads anymore. A lot of people are like booster antennas for propaganda they heard on fox news. So, my bad attitude is for them

You mentioned the cost of F35 development (not even deployment yet), but didn’t mention that overseas bases cost us $150 billion each year. Our Army can deploy a brigade anywhere within 24hrs. Our Navy has 11 carriers compared to China’s 1 carrier. And our Air Force has long range bombers that can reach any nation.

But I’m not really sure what your focus of discussion is, because you start with a question about removing troops from the Middle East and end with permafrost releasing greenhouse gases.

Marz Level 7 May 1, 2018

Had we let the Russians stay in Afganistan, 9/11 might never have happened. The more we mess around with stuff, the more we screw things up. I don't know how much is necessary. We had troops forward deployed for logistical reasons that a no longer as big a factor as they were in the 1950s. We are $21T in debt. The source of which is probably a higher ratio than the typical 62% of the annual budget spent on the military alone. The USA has been at war for 224 out of 241 years - it costs a lot of money. Warring all the time makes a few families very, very rich.

jeffy Level 7 May 1, 2018

Your comments are so true however I still believe in forward deployment. They the government wastes so much like killing the A10 fighter plane which is one of the most respected fighter planes ever made. Then trhey will start a program to replace it costing billions and divert money from the Navy that needs some money that could come out of the proposed budget. They have supplies in ware houses that they are ordering new material for and this is just waste.They need an outside audit to see where this money is being spent and hold these Congressmen and women accountable.

@Marine I was amazed to hear the Army's audit revealed they couldn't account for $1T. And what do they do, give them more money? I guess it just isn't as easy to waste money on ships as it is on airplanes.

We're not in debt because of spending, we're in debt because we don't force wealthy Americans to pay a tax on all their wealth. Also, the wealthy investors in weapons corporations like Raytheon will begin to hate ear if they have to pay for wars from their own pockets, for as of now, those wealthy investors are the sole beneficiaries of wars. The poor and middle class should pay no tax. As we are not represented in the federal government.

Why protection of Saudi Arabia, wasn't much of 9/11 terrorists from that country? That country is Ruled by one large single family while many of their citizen are in poverty. If you are not in the oil biz, you are out of the money loop. We only are in contact to those in the money loop while the poor is kept out of sight, giving us the wrong impression.

The only reason is the investments of the billionaires will never let us remove them and the base serves as a forward deployment toward Russia since we are going to lose Turkey soon.The latter is very upset with us supporting the Kurds. The SA is the only base in the area then .The other airbase in one of the stans will close if we depart Afganistan.

@Marine Come on Marine! FOOTSOLDIER wars are a thing of the last Century. Unmanned Delivery is the present. I was stationed in Stuttgart after 13 US military bases (kasernes) in the area were reduced to 3. Used to had 200,000 ready to go troops in that Bavarian area alone. We are not going to occupy russia or china, nuke them maybe but ocupation wars in a large country in the other side of the world no longer is viable.

@GipsyOfNewSpain The base in SA is an airbase not a forward deployment of troops so it will be for those unmanned deliveries that you mentioned>

@Marine Roger that. The saudis with money always buying some slave to do their dirty deeds for them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:70915
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.