Agnostic.com

6 4

LINK 12 Fast Food Chains That Don't Use 100% Real Chicken

My ex was supposed to be a meat-cutter (when he bothered having a job at all) and he used to tell us that hotdogs were chicken lips and a**holes. 🤭 He did have his moments. 💋

This story reminds me of that. And it just destroyed my one comfort food. I once ate KFC like a bulemic at a buffet. (Yes, I know, that's not PC. I'm sorry if I triggered anyone. But it's the photo I have in my head.) Total sloth. 🙊🙊🙊

SeaGreenEyez 9 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your ex's meat-cutter wisdom sounds like it came straight from the wild side! 🤣 Gotta admit, those hotdog tales are quite the icebreakers. Life's full of those quirky moments, right?
Speaking of revelations, finding out about fast food ingredients can be a bit of a reality check. And it's a bummer when it messes with our comfort food zone. Totally get that KFC buffet scene – we've all got our moments of indulgence, no judgment here. Sometimes it's a trade-off for the real deal. Funny how that works.
In the meantime, I totally get you on comfort food – been there, done that. Side note, if you're up for a food adventure, let me spill the beans on the best food in KK, in my opinion. Just my two cents after a trip to Malaysia.

Your ex's meat-cutter wisdom sounds like it came straight from the wild side! 🤣 Gotta admit, those hotdog tales are quite the icebreakers. Life's full of those quirky moments, right?
Speaking of revelations, finding out about fast food ingredients can be a bit of a reality check. And it's a bummer when it messes with our comfort food zone. Totally get that KFC buffet scene – we've all got our moments of indulgence, no judgment here. Sometimes it's a trade-off for the real deal. Funny how that works.
In the meantime, I totally get you on comfort food – been there, done that. Side note, if you're up for a food adventure, let me spill the beans on the best food in KK, in my opinion. Just my two cents after a trip to Malaysia.

Anyone who uses Tyson chicken ain’t using real chicken.

If an organisation can add 10% water, artificially thickened so it doesn't run out, then it has received a 10% discount on its meat bill.
If it adds autolysed yeast, (the yeast is simply the sludge from the vats where beer is brewed. By adding salt it self-digests, alias "autolyses".) then the thickened water gets a "meaty" taste.
Imagine having 100% "thickened water", flavoured with autolysed yeast. You could flog it as the "pure vegan" burger/nugget/ring etc.

Glad I stopped eating fast food at age 24 when my Dad died of colon cancer at 51.

Immediately I stopped eating preserved and processed meats (including deli meats and chicken nuggets), fast food, deep fried food, donuts and other crap Americans love. I don't miss it.

Never drank soda pop. Don't like alcohol.

My daughter Claire, 32, thanks me for raising her on healthy food. I never bought baby food. Made it with a baby food grinder.

"Mom, why don't you have any fun food?" Claire demanded as a teen. I cook at home from scratch.

"If you want chips, go to your Dad's house," I replied.

My mother was in the 50,000 nurse study after WW2. Once a year, she filled out a questionnaire on her health, diet, exercise, medicines, habits (smoking, alcohol, etc.) The survey team sent her findings. That is how I learned not to eat cancer-causing processed and preserved meats.

Sorry, but this article appears to include as "chicken'' the breading/batter that encases KFC, Wendy's, BK's etc.etc. chicken, and is therefore HIGHLY misleading!
If you were served a dry, unseasoned chicken breast you would not in all likelihood, care for it...at all.
IMO if they are going to analyze things for 'chicken-ness', they need to take the breading/batter Off...unless they are being paid for this "research'' by a rival chain, which i strongly suspect!

My point is, sooo much 'nutrition research" is funded, and the 'results' blared forth, by the very companies that are literally KILLING us with their products, like the sugar lobby....to dis chicken, when it is chicken, because they put the added breading (which nobody denies, but somehow now they are 'lying' about the content?) into the analysis, well, doesn't that smack of 'alternate facts'?

@SeaGreenEyez then there was the interesting phenomenon of men developing breasts because of the hormones put into chickens to make them grow faster & more profitably. It didn't matter if you bought from a fast food outlet or the local butcher & cooked it yourself - you received the same contamination.

Similarly you allow the same types of deceptions into your body\ mind regarding your country's political decisions, other country's & peoples intentions to you & your role in the world.

@theMtoriarty They put those hormones and antibiotics in chickens so they would grow faster & produce more meat & eggs & wouldn't all get Avian Flu and we could have cheap eggs, and chicken....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:709207
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.