Agnostic.com

3 1

And this one.

fishline79 7 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The voice sounds like that of a robot, probably just poor programming.

Of course it is "A.I.", but that doesn't mean it's wrong. Jeezus!

@fishline79 And it doesn't mean it's right.

English
Etymology
From Middle English long-lifed, equivalent to long +‎ life +‎ -ed.

Pronunciation
IPA(key): /ˈlɒŋˈlɪvd/, /ˈlɒŋˈlaɪvd/
Adjective
long-lived (comparative more long-lived, superlative most long-lived)

Having a long lifespan; surviving for a long period of time.
Usage notes
The pronunciation /laɪvd/ (rhyming with hived) is more consistent with the word's etymology (from the noun life rather than the verb live), and was formerly more common. However, the pronunciation /lɪvd/ (the second syllable pronounced as the verb lived) is more common today.

Yes, that's what I said!

@fishline79 No, it's not. You merely ignore the evidence inconsistent with your position.

You are a fraud. That is only one of the accepted pronunciations, and not the one in general use. In 60 years I have never heard anyone pronounce a long i in long-lived. People would laugh at you for saying it that way, just like I am now, you poseur.

[grammarphobia.com]?

The voice sounds like that of a robot, probably just poor programming, I have noticed a lot of that in automated messages this last year or two.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:709506
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.