Agnostic.com

7 0

What is gravity?

I have been playing with this idea that gravity is light in a "solid" form. It seems to have the same properties and like water can be a solid, liquid and gas state, could light be light in a gas state, electricity in a liquid state and gravity in a solid state?

bcantlon 2 May 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I bet you really celebrated 420 when you thought of that one....LOL

Imaginative, but I think gravity is something closer to magnetics, where the strength of the attractive field is determined by the mass of the object. The attractive force would be distributed evenly throughout everything that had mass.

The attractive force of gravity may actually be a repellent force operating inside the vacuum of space, causing matter to form "bubbles" in the vacuum. Just a thought....

I hear what you are saying and it does make sense. Do you think the larger the object the more electrical current, due to more charged molecules moving inside of it. As voyager left our solar system it looked back on huge bubbles of what looked like gravitational energy.

@bcantlon I don't think gravity can be seen.. I'd imagine (which means I am guessing) tht gravitational pull depends on the atomic weight of the substance or matter.

Although we do seem to understand most of the rules under which gavity operates, we still don't really know exactly what causes it. Technically, we don't know a lot of things. Liek we believe electricity is ht eflow of electrons, but it has never been proved.
We just go on the assumption that is what electricy is. That is another thing where we understand the rules and properties, but don't really understand what it is.

One of the fundamental forces, the attraction matter has to other matter.

LSD is bad for you!

JimG Level 8 May 1, 2018

No It's Not! ?

Even in small amounts?

I always thought it was a state of seriousness

Something newton invented out of boredom for lack of cable tv and out of spite due poor flying skills.

It is so far defined as ä weak force at a distance" 1
And more clearly defined as the force that attracts objects towards one another, especially the force that makes things fall to the ground:2

1 from my physics notes
2 cambridge Dictionary

Then doesn't it work within quantum physics?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:70973
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.