Agnostic.com

2 1

"He strung these (words) together with other foolish remarks, all in the manner his books had taught him and imitating their language as much as he could. As a result, his pace was so slow, and the sun rose so quickly and ardently, that it would have melted his brains if he had had any."

I have met more people that are followers not leaders and Cervantes says it all.

Don Quixote
Cervantes

K9JetLee999 5 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One could say that in this respect Cervantes was preempting Nietzsche's idea of the Übermensch by several centuries.
However Nietzsche did actually right a critique of Don Quixote so the former may have influenced the latter, at least unconsciously when preparing Thus Spake Zarathustra

That is my favorite quote from most of the books I've read that I like. I'm sure I liked others but when I was on the German shepherd forum (I have been banned for life) I liked telling them that they had no iota of a free thought. Communicating with one was no different than another.

Miguel knew how to make a point! Personally, I tend to be contemptuous of followers and suspicious of leaders.

(Back then, they had Don Quixote; today, we have Don Trump. Neither liked windmills.)

Apparently MTG is now putting forward the idea that wind turbines kill whales but it is probably the Jewish space lasers again damn those anti-Semitic Orcas!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:709801
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.