Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Marjorie Taylor Greene Recalls Jan 6 Disbelief: 'Those Aren't Our People' -- Newsweek

Georgia congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene has described how she originally refused to believe that the January 6 attack on the Capitol was not being carried out by far-left antifa protesters.

Speaking on Donald Trump Jr.'s Triggered podcast, Greene appears to accept that supporters of former President Donald Trump were responsible for the Capitol riot and that the conspiracy theory that it was a false flag orchestrated by antifa is untrue.

In the wake of the January 6 attack, a number of Republican figures attempted to shift the blame onto left-wing activists, claiming they infiltrated the crowd of protesters to encourage them to storm the Capitol, or even disguised themselves as MAGA supporters while committing the violence.

Speaking to Trump Jr., Greene described how she was sworn into congress on January 3, 2021, just days before the riot occurred, soon after her father had been diagnosed with cancer.

"And then January 6 happened, it shocked me. I had no idea, I just couldn't imagine," Greene said.

"As a matter of fact, I was arguing with [Florida GOP congresswoman] Kat Cammack, one of my colleagues, and we were fighting. I said, 'Those aren't our people, that's antifa, those are the same rioters that we saw in 2020.' I just couldn't believe it.

"And she was like, 'They are our people,' I said, 'No, they're not,' and she's like 'They have on red hats.' So I said, 'I don't care.'
Newsweek subscription offers >

"So we're having a full argument, but I was blown away by it. And then next thing you know, we're all to blame," Greene added. "The media is blaming you [Trump Jr.], they're blaming President Trump, they're blaming me, they're blaming ... any Republican that objected. It's all our fault and we didn't even know it was going to happen."

Greene appearing to accept that antifa was not involved in the January 6 attacks contradicts statements she made just a few months ago.

In an interview with MyPillow CEO and 2020 election denier Mike Lindell last August, Greene again said she originally thought the violence at the Capitol was being carried out by antifa and "no one can convince me it was so-called Trump supporters."

"And we know there's a lot wrong there, and I can't wait for investigations, real investigations," Greene added.

Elsewhere during her appearance on Triggered, Greene defended her so-called "Jewish space laser" 2018 Facebook post which she is frequently mocked for.

While never using the words "Jewish space laser" herself, Greene suggested in a lengthy Facebook post that 2018 California wildfires may have been caused by "lasers or blue beams" controlled by the Rothschilds, a Jewish banking family that has been the target of antisemitic conspiracy theories for the past two centuries.

Greene said she was unaware that the Rothschilds were a Jewish family, or of the antisemitic connotations in linking them to conspiracy theories.

"I talked about a few other people that I didn't know anything about their religion or anything like that, I was just making a post," Greene said.

Greene has been contacted for comment.

snytiger6 9 Feb 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's disheartening to witness someone so oblivious to their own ignorance. However, I'm encouraged to see that the lack of tech savvy is no longer exclusive to those on the political left. It's time for us to transcend our tribal instincts and take responsible measures to regulate our technological advancements. Escaping to a primitive way of life is not a viable option, as our planet cannot sustain a return to an agrarian society.

It's concerning to see her continued support for capitalist deregulation, which suggests a lack of awareness regarding the grave issues we face. Blaming everything on President Biden is a shallow and disloyal partisan response, typical of those who are cognitively challenged.

People like her have been indoctrinated with an authoritarian mindset that prioritizes false patriotism and a culture of resentment, often reinforced by religious teachings. Unfortunately, they lack a sense of balance and struggle to comprehend the complexity of our modern world. It's our responsibility to continue advocating for informed decision-making and a more equitable society for all.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:710330
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.