Agnostic.com

4 7

"Hundreds of newspapers drop ‘Dilbert’ comic strip after racist tirade from creator Scott Adams"

[cnn.com]

I have enjoyed Dilbert for decades with it's parodying of corporate life. Perhaps it was notable that political topics weren't involved, even though that is often a source of frustration. Perhaps Adams knew his true feelings were unfit for print. Or, like so many of my friends, Adams followed the GQP down the rabbit hole more recently. It's sad that people degrade themselves, and/or reveal themselves to be bigots. Trump has enabled the worst of our society to thrive and get a hearing no matter how undeserving.

Fuck Adams. Fuck the GQP. As the wingnuts denounce others, let the next generations see them for what they are and reject them. Kudos to the media for dropping Adams.

If anyone has trouble understanding white fragility, this appears to be a textbook case.

racocn8 9 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Scott Adams worked for Pacific Bell at an enormous facility in San Ramon, CA. Much of the genuinely funny stuff he wrote back in the beginning was based on truth/reality. That's why so many of us loved it. He punctured the corporate attitudes of the time. But then...as it does...life changed, corporate cultures changed and Dilbert faded away. I'm STUNNED to hear of Scott's attitudes today! It doesn't sound like the man I knew!

I asked Google "what does GQP mean", but Goggle couldn't tell me
By the way... "white fragility" does not exist. It was invented by Robin DiAngelo to make a lot of money, which was a quite successful move.

Instead, there seems to be something like a "general fragility" in a certain milieu, where people constantly discover some 'microaggressions' that exist only in their imagination.

GQP is GOP where 'Old' is replaced with Q. As to the existence of white fragility, the motive is all too familiar. If you look at how thin-skinned Trump and his supporters are, and what's been going on in Florida, ad nauseum.

Tapping stuff you’re parroting from anti-woke talking points atop your perch in France makes you quite ignorant of what GQP means. QAnon is far more than a “microaggression” as it fueled some of the rage going into Jan 6th insurrectionist rioting.

You strike me as a one trick pony who doesn’t do its one trick very well at all. There’s quite a few of you in this online milieu who seem here solely to peddle parroted talking points. Most have a superficial third hand view of “critical theory”, demonizing it as an alleged precursor to pomo wokeness. Comes from reading misleading polemic sources.

Keep it up. You’re quite amusing.

@racocn8
Thibaud70 could be a ChatGPT bot who got stuck in a loop from reading Chris Rufo and James Lindsay rants.

I was never into Dilbert. Probably much less likely to follow it now. Adams strikes me as uberjackass.
[politifact.com]

Fuck Scott Adams.

The Anti-Vaxxers won? Tell that to all the anti-vaxxers that died from Covid. Tell it to all the anti-vaxxers with long-Covid. Tell that to all the anti-vaxxers who will likely avoid all vaccines in the future, and thus die from the next epidemic. So if Scott Adams is so racist, it's certain he gets his news from Putin and has fully lost touch with reality. Sucks to be him.

I always thought that cartoon was a waste of space anyhow. It's history now, and so is Adams!

I was all about Snoopy, Heathcliff, and Garfield. Bloom County was cool too with Bill the Cat. Was never into Dilbert.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:711503
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.