Agnostic.com

4 6

LINK Republican Rep. Andy Ogles Claimed He’s an Economist. He Took One Class—and Got a C. -- The Daily Beast

(No, NOT George Santos, but a different republican.)

Freshman Republican Rep. Andy Ogles (TN) says he’s a trained economist, but in reality, he only took one community college course on the subject—and he got a C, a transcript obtained by NewsChannel 5 in Nashville revealed. Ogles’ congressional bio says he graduated from Middle Tennessee State University, “where he studied policy and economics.” However, a resume he used in 2009 said he got a degree in international relations, with no mention of economics. But both claims were false, according to the transcript, which Ogles had tried to keep sealed. Ogles actually majored in liberal studies. The congressman also enrolled in classes titled U.S. Presidency, Problems in Government, Political Theory and National Security Policy—failing all of them twice, once in 1995 and again in 1998. It took Ogles 17 years to attain his degree, graduating in 2007 with a 2.4 GPA, NewsChannel 5 reported. And the Freedom Caucus member has already admitted to his false claims, too, telling a conservative local paper, “When I pulled my transcript to verify, I realized I was mistaken.” “I apologize for my misstatement,” he added.

snytiger6 9 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This seems to be a Republican shortcoming.

It seems that republicans don't vet their own candidates...

@snytiger6 They are vetted only for having the necessary cruelty and hatred towards those the party despises and devalues, as well as willingness and ability to lie and be loyal to the donor class.

@TomMcGiverin Perhapd they vet them to make sure there is enough sociopathy...

@snytiger6 Of that, I have no doubt, to qualify, you must be a real prick or bitch, depending on your gender.

Another C student, like W., thinking he is smart enough to run other people's lives. Sounds like he is one of those " I is a college student" types... He may be dumb as a box of rocks, but I have to admire his persistence to keep at it for 17 years to finish his degree, lol. And, of course, he comes from a Southern state, where ignorance is revered, common, and valued by its voters, because those voters feel threatened by leaders who are smarter and more knowledgeable than them.

Typical republican liar.

Another repub lying to try to better his life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:711880
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.