Agnostic.com

1 6

Just to be clear,...

Flyingsaucesir 8 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

But the real one actually sells better though.

Got a rebel flag tacked up in your garage? Might as well...

@Flyingsaucesir
Nah. The town has one in front of the courthouse though. That should be good enough.

@CourtJester You fuck your democracy if you vote Republican. Proud of that?

@CourtJester Nationally we're dropping the names of Confederate generals from our military bases, lowering the Confederate flag from statehouses, and removing statues of Confederate officers from our parks. This seems entirely reasonable to me. No matter how gallantly they may have fought, people who struggled to uphold and perpetuate slavery should not be publicly celebrated.

@Flyingsaucesir
I'd agree with that mostly, but I think that the statues should still stay as a memory of what democrats with power are willing to do to a nation to get what they want. Maybe that's why the Democrats are hell bent on removing memories of their own past actions.

@CourtJester Huh? 🤔

@Flyingsaucesir

The south and the Confederacy were Democrats.

@CourtJester The Democratic Party of the Civil War era was a party of oligarchy and slavery, and bears no resemblance to the Democrats of today. And today's Republican Party is split between two factions: one that still believes in democratic institutions and rule of law, and the neo-fascist MAGAt wing that is driven by wacko replacement theory to embrace corruption and autocracy.

@Flyingsaucesir

A democrat is a democrat.

And can you define "Fascist" for me?

@CourtJester Alas, there is no point.

@Flyingsaucesir It’s like trying to have a conversation with a clod of dirt, isn’t it?

@NostraDumbass A very obtuse dirt clod 😂

@Flyingsaucesir And just for the record, I recently gave CJ a definition of fascism. So you were right to not waste your time trying. It’s like pointing out errors in the Bible to a fundy Xtian: an exercise in futility. So it’s best to just laugh, shake your head and walk away.

@NostraDumbass
I don't recall that.

@CourtJester Yeah, that’s the way bias confirmation works. AKA selective memory.

@NostraDumbass
maybe ya did, but I'm not recalling it.
Every definition of the word "Fascist" that I've seen is a direct explanation of the laws and restrictions that the democrats are shooting for.

Fascist= Limiting speech and canceling those you disagree with= Democrat
Fascist= Historically go after law abiding citizen's gun for "Safety"= Democrats
Fascist= Equality based on anything but individual ability and personal willingness= Democrats
Fascist= Government will take care of you= Democrats
Fascist= Separate society by sex, skin color, ethnicity, etc.= Democrats

Facts don't lie.

@CourtJester Facts don’t lie, but people do. Nevertheless, I’m going to possibly surprise you with my answer. If you go far enough to the left (what I call the Regressive Left) you end up in a place that is a mirror image of the Far Right. The beliefs are radically different, but the behaviours remarkably similar…and you correctly identified some of them above. But you don’t seem able and willing to cast a similar critical eye on Conservative transgressions, while being hypersensitive to those on the Left to the point where you lump all of us into the same illiberal category. But I do see problems on the left; I just see more on the right.

@CourtJester But the provable fact of the matter is that the classical, dictionary definition of fascism (not yours) places it at the far right end of the political spectrum. It is CONSERVATISM in possibly its most extreme form. For you to apply the term to even extreme forms of liberalism renders the word meaningless. It’s the same disingenuous tactic that the religionist employs when he condescendingly refers to atheism as a “religion”.

@NostraDumbass

How so?

I will absolutely agree with you on the idea that both sides have a cliff if you ga far enough in either direction though.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:712860
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.