Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK Another Norfolk Southern train derails in Ohio : NPR

What in the name of fuck?

barjoe 9 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's actually unsurprising that brakes are deficient on other trains, as well, and O-H-I-O Ohio is a common run.

3-4 derailments a day is the national average for the US. Engineers have been warning us for decades our infrastructure is falling apart from lack of maintenance. I doubt anything will change, corporate profits and global empire are sacred to America, not good roads and rails.

We just got a lot of money to address those problems and Pete is rather firm with companies that are causing problems.

@rainmanjr The problem is there is decades of neglect and abuse to update. And that takes time as well as money. And of course the Rethugs are blaming it all on Biden and Pete, as though the decades of Republicans ignoring the need for infrastructure updates didn't happen. And their voters, with the help of Faux News, just jump right on the bandwagon.

@rainmanjr We got a microscopic fraction of the trillions needed to bring America's infrastructure up to par.

@Barnie2years Pete is also pretty good at reminding everyone how this neglect happened and who was in charge for most of it. My money's on him and POTUS Joe to get more regulations and decrease customer costs. That's mostly what the result of all this will be as our costs are all voters care about.

@Druvius I'm not saying we'll actually clean-up much. Just that Pete and Joe will win the political fight and Nor-fuck Virginia, Southwest Airlines, and any other company who has let safety slip (or stealing money from the public while not providing service) will lose. Then we'll get another Con POTUS (because the voting public can't remember who did what for them) and all that progress will slip some more. Human life is droll, IMO.

@rainmanjr I'm afraid you're right. And the Right never hears any of the things Pete or Biden say, unless they happen to make a gaff. Then Faux New fall all over themselves to make it breaking news.

@rainmanjr It's certainly possible good will come of this. Numerous disasters have resulted in both innovation and regulation to prevent a recurrence.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:712942
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.