Agnostic.com

9 19

Despite reality, Trump blames Pence for January 6 violence.

Donald Trump, whose coup attempt on Jan. 6, 2021 put his vice president’s life at risk as a mob of his supporters attacked the U.S. Capitol, on Monday blamed Mike Pence for the violence that day because he didn’t go along with the scheme.

“Had he sent the votes back to the legislators, they wouldn’t have had a problem with Jan. 6,” the former president told reporters on a flight to an Iowa campaign stop. “So in many ways, you can blame him for Jan. 6.”

“President Trump was wrong,” Pence said in remarks at the annual dinner of the Gridiron Club in Washington, D.C. “I had no right to overturn the election. And his reckless words endangered my family and everyone at the Capitol that day. And I know that history will hold Donald Trump accountable.”

Trump summoned the mob.

Trump set the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol in motion days after the Electoral College had voted on Dec. 14, 2020, formally giving Biden the presidency, when he told his followers to converge on Washington the day of the congressional certification.

Trump spread his Big Lie. Told his followers to "fight like hell" to save our country.

He had spent the weeks following his election loss lying that his reelection had been “stolen,” and he continued those lies through December and the first week of January. At a rally blocks from the White House on Jan. 6, 2021, he told his followers he would march with them to the Capitol and that they had to “fight like hell” if they wanted to save their country.

"Hang Mike Pence!" Trump supporters chanted after Trump tweeted Pence lacks courage to "do the right thing."

Insurrectionists erected a noose outside the U.S. Capitol.

Five police officers died and over 140 were injured. Four of his supporters died.

Four of his supporters died that afternoon, with five police officers dying in the aftermath. An additional 140 officers were injured.

Trump is now under criminal investigation.

Trump is now under criminal investigation in Georgia and by the U.S. Department of Justice for his actions. He nevertheless is running for the Republican presidential nomination and is currently the front-runner.

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hair Furor is one putrid excuse of a human being, and he has way too much company in that regard.

Of course, that's what he does. Blame and sue. When oh when will the attorney general finally wake up and put the real responsibility on the true source and hold him accountable?

Trump and Pence were both wrong and still are. However, if Pence would have allowed himself to be hanged on that day it might have changed everything.

Even better if it had been tRUMP...😂

Chump’s logic fried my fragile brain. 😱

Trump is an entitled narcissist.

Betty Level 8 Mar 14, 2023

Trump WANTED January 6th to turn deadly...all the while sitting on his fat ASS pointing the finger at Pence. He wanted the Magnetometer's removed for one reason and one reason ONLY...he was ATTEMPTING A COUP...using his MINDLESS MAGATS as his toy soldiers. His plan didn't succeed because he didnt have the BITE to back up the BARK. The ones leading the charge(The Proud Boys, the Boogaloo Boys(who BTW are ramping back up for 2024) The Oath Keepers, The Three Percenters, and don't forget QANON) know they wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in HELL against the US Military, plain and simple. He sees himself as "the anointed one" but the Military sees him as a COWARD and wouldn't follow his orders. Anyone who cannot see what he was trying to accomplish is either PART OF THE PROBLEM, or JUST PLAIN DELUSIONAL.

Being a Libertarian, I'm not going to take political sides because both sides are nothing but crooks. Anyone with two eyes and 1/4 brain can realize if any other citizen did what they (rep/dem) have done, we would be sitting in a jail cell awaiting a trial date. (and yes...even our kids with laptops like Hunter's would be in a jail cell as well) That being said, anyone who thinks this was an insurrection must have been schooled by the MSM. If this was an insurrection, you would have seen citizens with AR-15's, AK-47's, and a host of other weapons with an organized plan to take the capitol by force. This was most likely a planned vandalism event by Soros or some other rich idiot looking to shift a market for profit. Tucker's video's showed a whole different story than the 1/6 mock trial attempting to turn a vandalism event into an insurrection. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it's kinda funny how we call 1/6 a insurrection while we watched most major cities burn with stores being looted and burned to the ground and called such things a "peaceful protest" during the george floyd incident. Ironic....

It was and will always as stated a poorly planed insurrection attempt that failed miserable! The fat man fiddled as he watched from afar, the Terra he instituted because of his failures. The people involved were fools to follow the greatest CON MAN in the history of this country blindly off into the abyss!

So 5 dead people the DAY of the "vandalism"...4 cops in the following days...dead. Over 150 cops injured...and you call that "vandalism". AT OUR NATIONS CAPITOL...Mike Pence life threatened if he didn't do what Trump demanded...Nancy Pelosi threatened because she stood up to Trump...Our Nations Capitol DISGRACED by a MOB of MAGA CRY BABIES because they LOST THE ELECTION, and were fed BOLD FACED LIES... MAGA, the GOP, and tRUMP especially are certifiably INSANE if they think they are going to pull this BS AGAIN. It is safe to say, it will NOT be the Capitol Police that are going to suffer, if they ever try that shit again. Play stupid games...win stupid prizes.

Warlord13, you’re pretty good at writing satire. 🤣

Jay, you are wrong on many points here but I will not debate them. For the record I carry a Libertarian card in my pocket but my political stand is actually Progressive these days. I want what benefits all of us and not just a chosen few.

Time to play block the troll.

Once again...everyone is entitled to their own opinion and you will be right as rain because that is what you believe. Everyone is so worried about the orange man and ignores the crooks in office but I digress...we don't talk about the other side of "sell out the nation club". Laptops and foreign deals made using political power is rather benevolent. The violence at the capital was caused by individuals who chose violence...just like those who burned down stores during the riots. So to say flag waving maga people who were there to support their views were somehow responsible for those who acted in violence would be the same as calling peaceful george floyd protesters criminals because some people chose to act using violence during those protests. Funny how easy it is to categorize/classify groups as criminal when you take the actions of a few and then conveniently assume those actions are the group's intentions. Not far off from the current trend of labeling people who study peer reviewed articles and decide due to data collected to avoid vaccines as "anti-vaxxers". In Pharmaceuticals, typically they list the side effects so you can make informed decisions that best suit you and your family...would this make you an anti-prescription'er if you chose not to take a drug for a given ailment? In Canada, someone displayed a German swastika in a protest. The government & media tried to label the Truckers Convoy as an anti-semantic event. Do you believe that any large % of the truckers took their time/money/efforts to confront their government on medical mandates...and decided, hey while we are at it...lets persecute the Jews? 🙂 Seems legit to me if I turn off my critical thinking. That would also land me right back in church somewhere. So I think I'll just remain agnostic and let you all believe what your group (republican/democrat/progressive/conservative) has decided you should believe and you can be as right as right can be. At least we still will agree that unproven belief systems and religion are foolishness.

Truck Fump

He knows his followers will believe whatever garbage drips out of his mouth.

He hates what they hate. That's what matters to them.

@alliwant No, he convinces them that he hates what they hate. This is how he builds his base.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:714033
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.