Agnostic.com

3 4

Britain dumping depleted uranium in Ukraine?

The announcement that Britain will supply Ukraine with depleted uranium shells will be a repeat of the atrocities carried out in Yugoslavia, Desert Storm & Iraq invasion where the shells were also deployed.

[english.pravda.ru]

Just in case Pravda doesn't let you on the site because of its security check here is the brief report:
"London will supply a batch of depleted uranium shells to Ukraine as part of a military aid package, UK's Minister of State for Defence Annabel Goldie said.

Russia reacts to UK's decision to supply depleted uranium shells to Ukraine
In addition with a company of Challenger 2 tanks, the UK will supply ammunition, including armor-piercing shells that contain depleted uranium, Goldie said.

When compared to conventional shells, projectiles with depleted uranium cores have a different diameter of the warhead. Their actual velocity may reach 6,120 kilometers per hour or even more. The high specific gravity of the core makes such a shell a lot more powerful in terms of armor penetration properties. Such ammunition had been used during the bombings of Yugoslavia, Operation Desert Storm and during the US invasion of Iraq in 2003.

The use of depleted uranium shells has nothing to do with nuclear weapons. However, their use leads to dust emissions that may pollute the environment over time.

Russia will have to respond to the supplies of depleted uranium shells to Ukraine, President Putin said, RIA Novosti reports.

“I would like to note here that if this is going to happen, then Russia will be forced to react accordingly bearing in mind that the collective West is starting to use weapons with a nuclear component,” Putin said.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov commented on the decision of the British government to supply depleted uranium shells to Ukraine. According to Lavrov, there is nothing surprising about such a decision because the United Kingdom has long lost its guiding principles.

According to the diplomat, London's actions undermine strategic stability around the world.

"If this is true, then they are ready not only to take risks, but also to violate international humanitarian law, as was the case in 1999 in Yugoslavia," Sergei Lavrov said."
Author`s name Petr Ernilin

Editor Dmitry Sudakov

See more at [english.pravda.ru]

Here are the continuing effects:

FrayedBear 9 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You're citing Pravda (a Putin organ) here? Really? Wow.

I could have quoted the BBC, CNN or ABC. They all carry the same information.
Try getting with the argument not the messenger.

@FrayedBear 🐂💩

@Flyingsaucesir
You are consistantly & predictably #stupid.

[bbc.com]
[nytimes.com]
[aljazeera.com]
[reuters.com]
[usnews.com]

Not "dumping" it. Shooting it at the war-mongering Russian tanks that have illegally invaded Ukraine, after the Russian president declared war on Ukraine.

And the fallout won't be in the UK or Russia, Ukrainians will live with that legacy for years to come. Hope they don't use it, for their own benefit. Very shortsighted thinking if they do.
NB Has Russia actually declared war on Ukraine? I have no problem calling it a war but my understanding is Russia views it as a "police action". They may well have changed that definition.

@puff Their name "Limited military operation" is pure spin and propaganda. Calling it a war, in Russia, is an imprisonable offence.

@Petter No doubt, and probably against UN regulations.
From a military perspective, Russia wants a secure Black Sea, which is why the US want Ukraine. So NATO naval assets may be based there. If Russia secures those areas, I see them withdrawing from the rest of the country. To me, that is where this is heading, where it was always heading. To be blunt, it's just a matter of how many bodies are going to pile up before it happens.
I miss the 70's, where when shit like this happened an immediate arms embargo was imposed so as not to prolong conflict and suffering. It is a true tragedy what is going on in Ukraine.

@Petter just as most US "peace keeping" missions are wars and invasions. For an intelligent man your attitude frequently astounds me Petter but it is no different from the attitude of the poor saps believing that there is a god.

@Petter You got me thinking. The whole Black Sea should be demilitarised. Put this in negotiations and it would piss off both Russia and NATO/ US. Therefore, sounds like a good idea

@Petter, @puff it depends on how far the dust blows. Don't forget that our bulldust ends up in New Zealand 4155klms away but from Central Australia you can add another 1 or 2 thousand klms! London to Kiev is only 2140 klms [timeanddate.com]
And just remember that the Chernobyl radioactivity made a lot of people bald in the UK - [theguardian.com]
And [express.co.uk]

@FrayedBear depleted uranium fallout does not seem to have spread to neigbouring countries in Iraq. Perhaps it is not reported.

@puff You're quibbling. (That would get you expelled from Annapolis or West Point.)

@FrayedBear Problem is, shit like this gets banned through treaties, but treaties are not what they used to be. White Phos and unmarked/ mapped land mines were also banned but seem to be in regular use.

@puff [hir.harvard.edu]

[unep.org]

But at least it is now excluded as being a cause of Gulf War Illness: depleted uranium ruled out as a cause of mystery condition – new study
[theconversation.com]

@FrayedBear fire pits?

@puff "The whole Black Sea should be demilitarised" - and to say nothing of Turkey, Romania, Georgia & Bulgaria!
[mappr.co]

@FrayedBear Turkey may have issues, don't think the other countries would. Turkey and Russia border other seas.

@puff are the English tanks manned by Ukrainians or English troops?

@FrayedBear Like the Russian "peace keeping" mission in Syria, I presume, proping up a despotic ruler. How about the Russian backed Wagner group attacks in West Africa?

@Petter lol, if I remember rightly the Russians did more to stop the stolen oil being shipped in trucks by terrorist groups than the Americans who were probably filling the tankers for them.

@FrayedBear That was simply Russia bombing and slaughtering the Yazidi and the Kurds.
They also flattened cities like Alepo, killing thousands of civillians. Alepo was like a rehearsal for the wanton, indiscriminate destruction of Marioupol and the kidnapping of the city's children for adoption and brainwashing in Russia.

@Petter Is that the propaganda that you're still living on in Spain?

Why do you consider Russian "brainwashing" more heinous than USA led indoctrination?
Do you have conclusive proof that children are being kidnapped & sent for safekeeping in Russia & not to American, Spanish, Danish, Australian, Thai or Saudi pedophile's harems. Or worse to Brazil for clean blood to be used to detoxify the likes of drug addicted pop stars, royalty & wealthy aging people wanting longevity at any cost?

@FrayedBear I really do not know what you are on, but it is certainly a powerful hallucinogen.

@Petter no hallucinogen. Just suggesting that you if children are going missing in Ukraine you eliminate all possible other reasons before you claim Russian responsibility.

@Petter By the way what is your opinion of the brainwashing of many people including children by the most heinous employers of brainwashing - the Catholic Church, the Presbyterians, the Muslims & the proselytising evangelists particulary those from America?
But perhaps you consider that to be educating not brainwashing?

It is worth pointing out that depleted uranium has been used in the Armour of not only Russian but most other country's tanks and armored vehicles cladding.
The arms industry internationally has used super dense depleted uranium for the purposes of armor and Armour piercing weaponry since the first gulf war, and is a major source of income for governments who own or make use of nuclear power stations (including Russia) who sell on depleted uranium to the arms industry.
It is therefore a little rich and a cause of deliberate moral panic for anyone including the Russians to to use the term Depleted uranium as a synonym for "Dirty Bomb" a completely different kind of weapon and one that is completely illegal all over the word, because that in fact is a conventional explosive that scatters ACTIVE not depleted used radioactive material (especially radium, strontium and ENRICHED Uranium) in a powdered form with the sole intent of causing radiation poisoning to the civilian public.

I see no difference between intentional & accidental collateral damage. The fact that the ban on the use of the material has not been enacted & enforced merely identifies the fucked up mentality of all condoning the use of the material.
IMO it is no different to believing in a god.

It reminds me of the other great deception - fluoride, a by product of the alumina industry. It is according tothe US EPA a toxic product that cannot be dumped in landfill. It is however permitted to be added to toothpaste which is then absorbed into the body or flushed with the wastewater down the drain.

The question is "how will Russia retaliate if depleted urananium is used against its troops or the Donbass civilians?"
I would imagine that Russia has huge stockpiles of depleted uranium that could be quickly, if not already, made into shells or used in cruise missiles against Zelensky's parliament, home or palace.

As a consequence of rereading my post & the Pravda article Len I cannot find either stating or impugning what you suggest that "the term Depleted uranium as a synonym for "Dirty Bomb" ". Therefore how can it be " a little rich and a cause of deliberate moral panic "? It is clearly stated by Petr Ernilin that "The use of depleted uranium shells has nothing to do with nuclear weapons".

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:715298
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.