Agnostic.com

4 2

America is the land of the free. Free food stamps, free medicaid, free medicare, free obamacare, freee section 8 housing, free wic, free food pantries, free schooling, free police, free prisons, free roads, free libraries, free student grants, free lunch,

Only thing America doesn't have is FREEDOM!!!!

FrancoFran 5 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In the richest country in the world its morally wrong to simply allow people to starve or die from easily prevented illnesses. Also, many of those things you list are not free such as school, police, prisons, roads, and libraries. These things are paid for by taxes from the local community (city/county/state). That's why the best schools are generally in wealthier communities and the worst schools are found in areas of lower income. Same goes for police and roads. Most U.S. prisons are for profit and owned by corporations. And its not as if the prisoners are going to be paying their own rent.

And last time I checked we in the U.S. have a great many freedoms even though conservatives are constantly trying to diminish those freedoms. Luckily there are still some progressives in this country who want to ensure equal rights for everyone.

Nothing you listed is free, someone paid for it.

All of that seems more than appropriate so long as most of the wealth is sequestered among less than 1% of the population. We would not need all that if Reagan and other GQP hadn't screwed up the tax code and cratered the income/quality of life for the middle class.

The taxes on the middle class are much higher because the wealthy evade taxation and pay a fraction of what the middle class pays. You don't say where I am misinformed, so I'll just assume you're lying (again).

Yet freedumb abounds 😀
(Not just America)

puff Level 8 Mar 24, 2023
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:715590
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.