Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK Lauren Boebert Floats Adding Human Babies to Endangered Species List

Republican Representative Lauren Boebert flashed photos of baby fetuses during a House hearing Thursday on endangered species.

The Colorado congresswoman showed the images as the Subcommittee on Water, Wildlife and Fisheries discussed potential improvements to the Endangered Species Act (ESA) in relation to its 50th anniversary. The hearing focused on de-listing the grey wolf and the grizzly bear.

Boebert, a staunch foe of abortion, was selected to serve on the subcommittee as part of the current Congress. She has either sponsored or co-sponsored multiple abortion-related bills since December.

"I do want to say before my opening remarks, you know, since we're talking about the Endangered Species Act, I'm just wondering if my colleagues on the other side would put babies on the endangered species list," Boebert said, proceeding to flash multiple photos of unspecified fetuses. "These babies were born in Washington, D.C., full term. I don't know, maybe that's a way we can save some children here in the United States."

She then claimed that the ESA "has been weaponized by extremist environmentalists to obstruct commonsense multiple-use activities that they disagree with."

Video was posted on Twitter by user David Edwards. The subcommittee is chaired by Oregon Republican Representative Cliff Bentz.

One previously introduced bill by Boebert aimed to prohibit U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) from using taxpayer dollars to transport illegal immigrants across state lines for abortions.

In January, she voted for the Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act "to stop the horrific practice of refusing medical care to babies who survive late-term abortions." She also co-sponsored additional legislation to condemn attacks on facilities and churches that oppose abortion, following the Supreme Court leak of the Dobbs decision.

She cited a poll conducted by Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America in which 77 percent of respondents expressed support for legislation to ensure that a baby who survives a failed abortion be provided the same medical care as any other baby born prematurely at the same age.

snytiger6 9 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

She gets dumber by the hour.

[sciencing.com]

Yeah, I knew she wasn't the brightest candle on the cake, but this is a new level of stupid.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:715676
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.