Agnostic.com

2 2

Be prepared. From here on in, you won't be able to believe anything you see or hear. Isaac Asimov predicted A.I. sixty years ago and other Scy-Fi writers even before him. That "Genie" is popping out of the proverbial bottle faster than you can say Abra-Kadabra. Believe it or not Elon Musk is actually warning against it, probably while investing in it at the same time!

fishline79 7 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is the big human achievement that made me officially give up. Humanity is just doomed and deserves to be so.

My fear with AI is it will be programmed to be humancentric, concerned with one species only. This will mean it will be focused on humanity only, in personal terms it will be selfish to humans. Now when we look at humans who focus solely on themselves and do thing only for their own benefit, we enter the field of psychopathy. AI could well turn out to be a psychopath.
A solution would be to program as a primary function empathy ie All life is precious and has value. Any task should be devised so ALL life gains benefits, not just human life. If this is done we will see AI be truly creative, devising ways to run our societies for the benefit of all life on this planet. If we don't, it will be look after humanity and fuck the rest. Many in the human population have little or zero empathy, but it is a must for AI imo.

puff Level 8 Mar 29, 2023

Well spoken, but I don't think we will find altruism among it's attributes!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:716596
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.