Agnostic.com

3 2

A bit of advice to all. When deeply held beliefs get confronted, be confronted. To automatically take offense, deride the person not the subject, cancel and then ignore is so childish.

puff 8 Mar 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Больше бессмысленных слов от полезного дурака.

คุณหมายความว่าไง

Unfortunately some people have a great need to dominate.
They demonstrate this by name calling and assigning categories to anyone who offers a differing point of view. This , they think puts them in a superior position."
I have put you down some levels below me so I am superior to you ." Attitude
Yet any opposing point of view is a direct affront to their "authority" and "superiority"

They can not see that a differing or opposing point of view is most valuable, for it promotes thinking, research, enlightenment and debate

The vast majority see, these the name callers as bullies, unthinking and lacking in social skills.

I have found these people love to quote some clown without critical evaluation of that clowns value or statements
They can not,or dare not, question the one whom they put on a pedestal ( bogus authority).
The bogus authorities statements sacrosanct.
A good example of this is the book of total bloody fantasy. and the sky pilots it has spurned to dominate their followers.
None has ever seen or talked to their so called god, but quote with authority whatever suits.
These parasites of society see themselves as dominant personalities because having a direct line to "god" you are sheep must be dominated and never be allowed think.

I find it frustrating. This site was great when it first started, many exploring the freedom of leaving whatever fucked up religious group they had been indoctrinated into. Lots of freethinking and some really good discussions going on, even if we were just chewing the fat so to speak. Then along came Trump and the whole Russia collusion bollocks, follow by covid. The site then became polarized and groups formed. A shame but I suppose you get that.
Said this ages ago but somewhere along the line being confronted became automatically offensive. Whatever happened to getting confronted when confronted? Why did confrontation become offensive? Offence is taken, not given.

Advice is like a vice.
To ignore someones positions in a discussion. Or when they disagree, then they either ignore you or call you negative names without facts or even knowing you.to be able to label you
This is beyond being childish, this is called delusional brainwashing and a fucking soiled brat.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:717063
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.