Agnostic.com

4 1

Should we think carefully before we speak?

If you think instinct is better than to think carefully before you speak then comment.

• 10 votes
  • 1 vote
TuyTran888 6 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As long as we avoid analysis paralysis

well, only idiots and very small minded would be having the problem of analysis paralysis.

@TuyTran888 As an example, people with social anxiety disorders or other conditions, such as autism, can fall into analysis paralysis especially if they are trying to live up to what they think other people's expectations are.

@pixiedust lolz, It would be very stupid to live up to other idiots expectation. expectation are for idiots to do.

@TuyTran888 You seem to like the word "idiot"

@pixiedust There are plenty of them out there, only those are too blind do not see it.

thinking about things too much leads to misdirection if not outright lying. I turned my filters off, yanked them out and threw them in the trash. Sure a lot of people get pissed off, but the truth is why we are on this site

Thinking does not lead to misdirection, believe in stupid things would lead you to misdirection, For example, religion. Thinking allow us to improve the process of thinking, that is how we can think better unless you keep thinking the same thing over and over again and try to gain better result.

The older I get, the more I realize it benefits me to pause before speaking. Everything should get run past the following filters:

• Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence? - Sai Baba (I can feel you all rolling your eyes at the fake Buddhism. I should mention that I TRY to do this ... but my success rate isn't stellar.)

• Will the words that are about to come out of your mouth bring about the desired result? (It can be very satisfying to tell someone "I told you so" or read them the riot act, but will it help your cause any? Sometimes this one feels a bit manipulative to me, but following it makes my life easier.)

vita Level 7 May 2, 2018

A lot of them are not fake Buddism, but because of their illusion knowledge about Buddha that makes them look like they are fake.

I am not a low life to feel good at telling someone "I told you so". but any misunderstanding will lead to problem, to a lot of mistakes, Manipulative people is a cause of most misuderstanding, the cause is the mother of problems not just problem. To allow people to manipulate you is that you are living is a delusional life, such life is a waste of life.

I do not feel good when anyone making mistake, because that mistake is what cause life to suffer.

I freely admit to knowing very little about Buddhism other than the vague notion that the religion, minus the religious bits, seems appealing.

@vita Buddhism would appeal to a lot of ignorance kind, just like most other religion, Yes from Christian and Muslim compare with Buddism it looks appealing, but go deep into it, It is just wasting a lot of time and not very helpful to mankind. A lot of the things Buddism do is actually Insulting Buddha, and yet they think they follow him, respect him, worship him it is very ironic when it comes with illusion knowledge.

I'm told that Zen Buddhism is secular or closer to being secular. When I tried to Google it, I found out that there is actually secular Buddhism. Perhaps one day I will look into it as I like many of the philosophies that I've been exposed to, but have no desire for the religious end of it. [en.wikipedia.org]

I can't really vote because while it's probably better to think before you open your mouth you can get some great reactions if you don't and just blurt something out lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:71776
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.