Agnostic.com

6 4

Dark Matter and Dark Energy

If the first Principle of Thermodynamics is general for the whole universe and energy cannot be destroyed and only transforms itself from one type to another, at the moment of the Big Bang, 13.8 billion years ago, there must have been at least Dark Energy which now constitutes 75 % of the whole universe. According to the last science findings another 20 % is Dark matter and what we "see" is only 4.7% of the whole Universe with 0.3 % being neutrinos. My questions is: What happened to that Dark Energy that was supposed to exist at the moment of the Big Bang??

Condorandino 5 Dec 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think we just don't have enough knowledge to make any conclusions at this point. Dark Matter/Energy are currently only kluges as astrophysicists try to develop a model of the universe that makes sense and explains everything. It's like that missing evolutionary step we have yet to uncover to know exactly how some species evolved. Dark Matter/Energy are blanks waiting to be filled in.

godef Level 7 Dec 10, 2017

Without even getting into quantum theory I would imagine it existed in a singularity with everything else if the Big Bang were a correct theory.

As per zeroth law of thermodynamics.. Would have got transformed..

Yeah!... Lol

Over my head again...lpl

Read about my theory of temporal uniformity here (warning: I have math to back up my theory):

[scienceforums.net]

Then we can discuss dark matter and dark energy. This post from my thread on TU might be better:

[scienceforums.net]

That's over my head brother. just looking at your comment says I'm dumb. But thanks for putting there for others. I hi and welcome to the forum.

Daedalus, I assume that you have submitted your theory to Stephen Hawking. I am curious: what was his reaction? I am sorry I am new to this and even though I am not either an astrophysicist or a mathematician, your theory is fascinating!

Since I can't easily break down the math here, I'll post a link to an image I created to help visualize what I'm talking about:

[scienceforums.net]

@Condorandino, no I haven't submitted anything to Hawking. That would be inappropriate.

I stay up nights pondering this exact question. Still haven't come up with an answer.

Have you thought there might be a correlation between dark energy and the dearth of antimatter in our Universe?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7180
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.