Agnostic.com

0 0

WORLD NEWS AND COMMENTARY from Jeff Childers
The Wall Street Journal ran a story yesterday headlined, “Robert Kennedy Jr. Files to Run for President as a Democrat.” Well, he would, wouldn’t he, because he’s been a lifelong democrat and comes from a family of lifelong democrats, but whatever.

'Check out the Journal’s sobering sub-headline: “The scion of the Kennedy family is a known Covid-19 vaccine skeptic.”

Bwahahahaha! See what they did there? I don’t mean smearing him as a vaccine skeptic, which he’s been for AGES. The covid jabs were just the latest disaster as far as Robert Kennedy goes. I’m talking about the prefix the journal added right BEFORE calling him a vaccine skeptic.
He’s a KNOWN vaccine skeptic! As opposed to the secret kind, who lurk around in back alleys waiting to catch you by yourself to fill your head with anti-pharmaceutical lies! Sometimes you can just TELL, just by looking at someone, that they harbor dangerous anti-vaccine thoughts. Their beady eyes are a little unfocused, dreamy perhaps, often staring off into the sky like they’re imagining a dystopian Heaven without needles. But you must be vigilant! Anti-vaxxing ideas spread faster than the Delta variant. All too often, you can’t tell for sure until a person outs themselves. Your own neighbor could be a secret anti-vaxxer, no matter how many times you make them swear on the jabs.
But Robert Kennedy, Jr., well, he created an anti-vaxx foundation and has even written books! THAT guy is an anti-vaxxer for sure. It’s KNOWN.

Anyway, Kennedy filed the paperwork yesterday. His father was Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy, and he’s former President John F. Kennedy’s nephew. So he has the democrats’ favorite credentials: royal bloodline.

In March, Kennedy tweeted his one and only statement — so far — about his intended campaign platform. He said, “If I run, my top priority will be to end the corrupt merger between state and corporate power that has ruined our economy, shattered the middle class, polluted our landscapes and waters, poisoned our children, and robbed us of our values and freedoms.”

Sounds like a pretty typical democrat platform to me. I mean, it WOULD HAVE BEEN a pretty typical democrat platform, before they went with “anybody can be a woman!”
While the Journal dismissively labeled Kennedy’s entrance a “long shot,” I disagree. You can’t beat Kennedy’s liberal bona fides. They’ll try to smear him as a conservative with the “anti-vaxxer” tag but that’s misreading the room. There are a LOT of democrats who are also unhappy about jab mandates. Maybe not a majority, but I’d wager it’s an impressive part of the base.

Kennedy’s run has no downside. Worst case, his stock still rises and his message gets more attention. When he loses the primary, he could shift and run as an independent. His campaign would draw Biden voters.

For a happy thought today, imagine the Biden — Kennedy primary debates.'

BDair 8 Apr 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:718042