Agnostic.com

6 25

My daughter Claire sold her house in Lake Stevens, WA for $32,000 over the asking price.

Ten days ago, Claire moved back to Wenatchee, WA where she grew up. Claire is ecstatic to be back in blue skies and out of hideous traffic jams and gloomy, wet Seattle-area weather. "Seattle's incontinence" I call it. I feel happy having her close by.

The realtor also owns a staging company. She brought in furniture and decorations after Claire and friends moved her out and cleaned the house and yards thoroughly.

The asking price was $575,000. In the first five days, 22 people toured her house. Three people submitted bids. In 2017, Claire paid $220,000 for the house. Four bedrooms, two bathrooms and a shop/barn. Sold for $611,000. Claire feels relieved and thrilled.

Closing is April 28. The buyer chose to skip the inspection.

Claire got the new roof for free. It had a 35-year warranty. Claire's roof leaked and caused mold in her bedroom, hallway and attic. Claire's dad Terry paid $9,000 for black mold removal. The man who screwed up multiple roofs was fired. The roofing company agreed to pay Terry back. The new roof was finished two weeks ago.

The woman who bought it sent Claire this lovely letter.

Here is a video of Claire's house.

[player.vimeo.com]

April 8, 2023

Dear Claire,

First off, I wanted to mention that you have an amazing house and I would love the opportunity to call it my home. Just over four years ago my dog and I moved to the Pacific Northwest from the Midwest to start a life and a new career. I originally planned to have a short 3-5 years in Washington before moving back, but after 6 months of our moody PNW weather, I knew I had my heart set on making this place my home.

Your home spoke to me the moment I drove up to the corner lot. The vaulted ceilings with
exposed wood beams give just the touch of rustic that I desire. When I walked through the front door, I knew I had found my peaceful escape away from the city. As I made my way through your house, it was no challenge to imagine my life here.

The master suite was serene and tranquil with the beautifully updated bathroom and spacious living area. Monday-Friday I could picture myself working from home, while I watch my dog prance around the large fenced backyard. I have always believed in the saying “work for the yard your dog deserves”.

On weekends I could just see myself running in and out of the house to the backyard wielding charcuterie boards and s’more materials to my friends, as I love hosting. I view the entire backyard and the bar as an opportunity to express my creativity and make it my own. I plan on finishing and furnishing the detached shop to be useable year-round. From hosting NFL Sundays by the bar to being able to have friends and family stay in the loft overnight, I plan on transforming the barn/shop to its fullest potential.

Beyond my excitement for the life I can picture in the house, I wish to draw your attention to my excellent financial status and strong interest in your Lake Stevens home. I am eager for a quick turnaround to closing. I hope that these details will help you make your decision. Though I may not know what my future holds, I can see this house growing with me through the next major phases of my life.

It would be an honor to be able to call 10806 22nd Pl SE home. Thank you for taking the time to consider us.

Jordan and Ares (her dog)

Photo:

Me and Claire, 33, on a floating dock, Columbia River, Wenatchee, WA. Aug. 2022

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hope she invests the profit wisely

Well far out! The housing market is pretty crazy and hopefully she''ll be able to find something in the area she likes. Enjoy!
I miss Seattle, the weather never was an issue for me. Certainly can't afford to live there now.

So now she will need a new home then.

@Jolanta

Claire is staying with Terry's girlfriend in her basement apartment. Claire and I have been cooking together, doing yoga and walking along the Riverfront Trail.

She has an interview to be an compliance analyst with the Public Utility District. Once she is established in a job, Claire plans to buy a house in Wenatchee.

@LiterateHiker Good luck with the interview. You must be happy to have her closer to you.

A wonderful story and letter.

Does that mean you can't complain any more that she never calls?😋
One of the better lines I saw once was at an awards ceremony when Adrienne Barbeau came on stage and Bea Arthur said with a straight face -- 'You never call.'

Seriously, that is mostly the reason we're back in AZ -- "Seattle's incontinence"(I like that, thanks). My wife especially got very tired of never seeing the sun. A dry climate can be frustrating but at least it's almost always sunny.

I don't think I've ever met a parent that didn't wish their children were closer. I can only hope this move works out well for both of you (along with anyone else who gets involved).

That is some letter! I had friends selling a house, and they got so many letters!! Their thoughts were just show us the money. It came down to highest bidder. I'm glad it sold so quickly, living with a house on the market is stressful. And having her close by will be a plus for you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:718559
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.