Agnostic.com

3 5

GOP Beware: Bragg’s Case Is Just the Start of Trump’s Legal Jeopardy

"Don't be fooled by snapshot polls showing Trump beating Biden - which Democrats are hyping because, for now, they want us to think he can win. He can't. Don't allow the intensity of Trump’s base supporters to mask how deeply unpopular he is with the country writ large. He had consistently low job-approval ratings as president — reaching 49 percent a couple of times but generally staying in the low 40s and going down to 34 by the time he left office (which actually seemed high under the circumstances). It was a statistical miracle that he won in 2016 — with just 46 percent of the vote in, substantially, a two-candidate race. Trump could never again win a national election after the 2020 coup attempt, the Capitol riot, and his continued delusional insistence that reelection was stolen from him."

"Moreover, the demagogic riffs that make MAGA crowds swoon — and that Trump doubled down on at this week’s Mar-a-Lago rally (because why wouldn’t an arraignment be the occasion for a rally?) — are exactly what most Americans find deeply disturbing about him. If he’s the nominee, the Democrats will retain the White House by ten points or more, with the tide sweeping the Senate and the House their way, too. Trump would have you believe he’s your crusader against wokeness. Down here on Planet Earth, he’s wokeness’s big chance to cement its reign."

Full Article: [nationalreview.com]

nogod4me 8 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

From this post to the Universe!

I really wish liberals would stop saying Trump can't win. Never underestimate how stupid, stupid people can be, and there's at least 74 million really stupid motherfuckers in this country.

Cheer Up! I think the unexpected happy mid-term results and his own pathetic rally attendances speak for themselves.

@AnneWimsey The midterms didn't have Trump on any ticket. Totally different ballgame. I'm not saying Trump will win, I'm just saying it's dumb to say he can't. Enough people thinking there's nothing to worry about is the exact way we had something to worry about in '16. Then in '20 everyone knew there was something to worry about and he lost. See where I'm going with this?

@ChestRockfield You don't think th midterms were a pretty clear rejection of him & his hand-picked favorites, in most cases? i greatly feared the midterms, had lost pretty much all my faith in my 'fellow Americans' and got quite a bit of happiness instead.
i now put down a lot of trumpism to the fact that Hilary was a terrible candidate from the get-go, her blatant hubris was absolutely unbearable.

@AnneWimsey That was her big issue, her hubris? I had people, relatives in fact not random nobodies, tell me that they wouldn't vote for a woman for president. There are a bunch of non-starters for a lot of people that just so happen to be the type of people the democrats like to run. No matter how "unlikable" she was, there was a lot at stake in that election and people should have been able to value their own reproductive rights or the fate of their democracy over some woman they thought was a little full of herself. For fuck's sake, that scenario could replace the Wikipedia entry for cutting off one's nose to spite their face.

And given what's happened since '17, losing a branch of Congress in the midterms seems like a giant failure to me. I mean, the religious right managed to accomplish what they've been working for for 50 years and we had women literally dying IN hospitals because the doctor standing over them wasn't allowed to deliver them care. I mean, what in the fuck has to happen to women before they vote for their own rights? The Republicans should have gotten slaughtered. And now that abortion is illegal in many states they're even coming after abortion pills nationally, and you're a fool if you think a national ban on abortion and birth control pills isn't on the to-do list.
That loss of the Senate also means that Fuckface Thomas is going to keep his seat in the super majority on the court.

It's fun to watch for sure.

I don't know anyone, liberals included, that thinks Trump will ever go to prison.

@ChestR @Courtjester obviously does, but then we have extremely low expectations of him, despite his proclaimed M.D, Pharmacist, and Ph.D degrees......

@AnneWimsey I heard he was up for the MacArthur Genius Grant, but got beat out by a guy who sells bean bag chairs.

@AnneWimsey
Yet you won’t come to Alabama to prove it to the world. Typical liberal mindset and laziness on display I suppose.

@CourtJester as you know i lived in Alabama (Eufaula) once upon a horrible time and i feel about it exactly like Thelma & Louise felt about Texas

@AnneWimsey
Fun hater

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:718646
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.