Agnostic.com

2 4

QUESTION CINEMA: Painting in Time - Shots of Awe

I have a love for movies, concerts and immersive technologies because they provide me with opportunities to experience moments of "ecstatic revelation" and a meditative infusion of feelings and thoughts.

This short video puts my fascination with these experiences into perspective. What are your thoughts?

SoloSentient 5 Dec 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I liked it, but have some qualms. First, cinematography isn't painting any more than photography is. It's recording an image (lights and darks). Second, time is a very important element of a film. It can't be completed without taking this dimension into your subconscious. Film is only 2D so adding a dimension is good, but it doesn't add up to 4.

I like film a lot, but it's only one form of art.

It's allegorical. Moments of "ecstatic revelation" that film can create is my shared interest. Cathartic and transcendent experiences and trans-formative realizations.. Getting absorbed in an immersive media like film has similarities to different states of consciousness achieved through meditation.

sounds cool!

Next time you realize you've been transported through a 2 hour journey leaving you with a sense of having touched some absolute truth, soak it in.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7192
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.