Agnostic.com

6 2

Where I live (rural Eastern Shore of MD) I see lots of pick-up trucks and business vehicles with Bible versus, etc. Just saw a pick-up that read "everything is in god's hands". When I see this I feel like not doing business with these people.

Specman 6 Dec 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’d rather do bussiness with them than some of the liberal idiots on this website!

Same here, in north central Florida. And I have a similar reaction !

The part of the state I live in is a major agricultural area so there are lots of conservative farmers. I saw a truck with the message "Obama may be Christian but he is not Christian enough".

I friend had a truck with a bumper sticker that said "I found Jesus" in big bold letters. Underneath it said "yes and he is drunk in the back seat".

Yeah, its disturbing. We had kids screaming out a school bus, jesus loves you. Well shit, ok! Its powerful movement that clobbered kids around here. Some of them soak it up. They're overtaking with the norm around here. Your either christian or Satan. So.... what you want to be. There's no place around here that people can go to get away from it. They clobber you with guilt. Like saying , what if I'm wrong. What you going to do then. Debate it out I guess.

Anytime I see a Christian fish symbol on a business I turn the other way. I find it disturbing that you have to advertise your faith in order to get business.

I told someone about the Darwin Fish. She said she had not heard of this. When I pointed one out she later said she then saw them all over. Have you seen the one that has n' chips next to it.
I have even seen a big Jesus fish eating a smaller Darwin fish with the words 'survival of the strongest. I thought of taking that to the next level and having a Darwin fish on top of the Jesus fish with the words "love thy neighbor". I didn't do this because I wanted to keep my car in one piece.

Hobby Lobby and Chic Fillet come to mind.

I would take my business elsewhere, as well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7199
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.