Agnostic.com

2 8

LINK Medicine 3.0: Extending Human Lifespan with Neil deGrasse Tyson & Dr. Peter Attia - YouTube

Particularly entertaining and informative episode. For instance, did you know that eggs are racist? Chuck informs us that they are.

rainmanjr 8 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just what the planet needs right now (not), more humans living longer.

The real trick is to make those later years GOOD years.

I favor extinction.

@rainmanjr One days humans may become extinct. Younger millennials and Generation Z just aren’t having kids and starting families the way previous generations have. But who can blame them?

Every day the world is becoming more unfit for raising kids in. Sperm counts have also been declining faster over the last 30 years which is a result of toxins we breathe as well as diets of processed and ultra-processed foods. Does anyone really think the big food companies will change that? HAHAHA yeah right.

I’m not gonna feel bad about it, that’s for fuckin’ sure.

@CuddyCruiser I will go a step further to indicate nature is, indeed, addressing our species. Preparing us for what's coming. The great increase in gender and sexual fluidity might be an evolutionary change which provides for increased sexual opportunity as reproductive odds fall. Sort of like how frogs change genders.

@rainmanjr The average species lasts only 2 or 3 million years before going extinct. Ours is far younger than that (Homo sapiens has existed for about 200,000 years), but we also are unique in our destructive capability.

Sexual activity in our species, and in that of our close relatives the Bonobos, has utilities outside reproduction. Homosexuality has always been a factor in human relations. Is it more prevalent now? Or does it just seem that way because taboos are falling away, and society is becoming more open and honest? I'll wager it's the latter.

It's also a fact that, with 8 billion of us roaming the planet, it's not necessary for everyone to reproduce. In fact, it's probably better that we don't. So if reproduction is not a priority, should it surprise us if many people choose alternative lifestyles?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:721166
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.