Agnostic.com

4 1

There is that small risk.
You can't be too careful.

BDair 8 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Causes
Hepatitis B infection is caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV). The virus is passed from person to person through blood, semen or other body fluids. It does not spread by sneezing or coughing.

Common ways that HBV can spread are:

Sexual contact. You may get hepatitis B if you have unprotected sex with someone who is infected. The virus can pass to you if the person's blood, saliva, semen or vaginal secretions enter your body.
Sharing of needles. HBV easily spreads through needles and syringes contaminated with infected blood. Sharing IV drug paraphernalia puts you at high risk of hepatitis B.
Accidental needle sticks. Hepatitis B is a concern for health care workers and anyone else who comes in contact with human blood.
Mother to child. Pregnant women infected with HBV can pass the virus to their babies during childbirth. However, the newborn can be vaccinated to avoid getting infected in almost all cases. Talk to your provider about being tested for hepatitis B if you are pregnant or want to become pregnant.
[mayoclinic.org]

BDair Level 8 Apr 28, 2023

ummm, i got Hep B when i was in 5th grade, living on a farm, had to miss 3 months of school and we were advised to burn the books they sent to me rather than return them....you, sir are an ill-informed Parrot of other ill-informed but vocal fools

I'm surprised to hear you were into intravenous drug use in the 5th grade.
And, it is you that are uninformed. As always, your opinions are not facts.
Just because you had Hep-B when you were ten years old doesn't mean
that infants can tolerate or should be injected with a Hep-B vax.
Pediatricians think it wiser to administer such vaccines later.

'Hepatitis B. The Hepatitis B vaccines contain 250 micrograms of aluminum per dose. This is simply too much for a newborn. Since you catch Hepatitis B from sex and IV drug use – I would wait until the teenage years for this one. ' - Dr. Paul Thomas

[paulthomasmd.com]

We survived without most of these.

Causes
Hepatitis B infection is caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV). The virus is passed from person to person through blood, semen or other body fluids. It does not spread by sneezing or coughing.

Common ways that HBV can spread are:

Sexual contact. You may get hepatitis B if you have unprotected sex with someone who is infected. The virus can pass to you if the person's blood, saliva, semen or vaginal secretions enter your body.
Sharing of needles. HBV easily spreads through needles and syringes contaminated with infected blood. Sharing IV drug paraphernalia puts you at high risk of hepatitis B.
Accidental needle sticks. Hepatitis B is a concern for health care workers and anyone else who comes in contact with human blood.
Mother to child. Pregnant women infected with HBV can pass the virus to their babies during childbirth. However, the newborn can be vaccinated to avoid getting infected in almost all cases. Talk to your provider about being tested for hepatitis B if you are pregnant or want to become pregnant.

[mayoclinic.org]

Is there any vaccine you think people should take? Polio?

How many vaccines did you have as a child?
Everyone assumes that vaccines are safe, and necessary
for the survival of our species, because that is what we have always been told.
But, the reality is that there is not much evidence to support this notion,
and there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.
Remove all of the liability protections that vaccines enjoy
under the PREP act, and do some actual studies on safety
and efficacy. Not the Big Pharma funded CDC rubber stamped studies.
Then we can have an honest conversation.

@BDair I never got smallpox, polio, diphtheria, pertussis which I was vaccinated for. I got mumps, zoster (chix pox), German measles and measles, (which I almost died from, have heart murmur and hearing loss) so I wish they had MMR when I was little, I assure you I wouldn't be any more of a retard than I already am, if your worried about Autism. My brother recently got Shingles of the scalp and eyes, I feel awful for him, tragic He and his wife are one of those "vaccine reluctant". I got Shingrix vac and the booster years ago. I won't ever get Shingles. In 1992 I had a bad bout with the flu, I thought I was gonna die, I was young, I probably wouldn't. My doctor told me the next year to get a flu shot, I've had one every year for 30 years I haven't had the flu. When I turned 65 I got
pnuemovax. I believe in vaccines.

He completely ignores that before vaccines, most children didn't live past age 5, in fact sound parenting advice in those dark ages was ''don't get too attached''.

@AnneWimsey Your opinions are based on Big Pharma propaganda,
which you have been indoctrinated with. You are unable to get your
head outside your bubble and consider that there are well supported
counter arguments to your unfounded opinions
Human society has survived for hundreds of thousands of years,
and proliferated all over this planet without any vaccines.
There are many features to modern society that increased
our survivability. Such as, improvements in sanitation, food distribution,
and the development of refrigeration and food storage.
The health of children is worsening,
and here in the US we have one of the worst rates
of infant mortality in the developed world.
I would suggest you expose yourself to new information.

@BDair I don't no about what Anne said. I know that in my case I'm describing real life. My real life. I'm not sure about the efficacy of Covid vaccine specifically, but being that 5 billion doses have been administered it's very safe. I do know that vaccines I've had as a child protected me and I had childhood diseases that have been eradicated for the most part by vaccines.

You do not know these things to be factual.
It is what we have always been told, and you
believe it whole heartedly. But consider where
your information comes from. Big Pharma has been
in control of the narrative for a century.
Alternative perspectives are suppressed and maligned.
All diseases were in decline before vaccinations came
on the scene. There are many environmental
factors to consider.

@BDair I know that I got sick because MMR wasn't available for me. I know I didn't get any of the diseases I got inoculated for. That's what I know.

All good.
I know that I only had a handful of inoculations
when growing up. Nowhere near the number given today.
I have not had a booster for anything in 45 years.
I have had no illnesses.

@BDair If I had been born later or MMR and Zoster had been developed sooner, I wouldn't have had any childhood diseases. Measles was the nasty one, left me partially deaf and with heart murmur. For my brother chicken pox as a child and his refusal to get Shingrix vaccine has caused him to suffer a debilitating illness. I'm confident I won't get Shingles.

@BDair Why not just walk through the older parts of any graveyard and note the astonishing amount of dead chidren's graves...oh, but, wait, that would be FACTS. sorry to disturb you........

@AnneWimsey Why not just post some child mortality data
that backs up your assertions?

A person should wait, til crossing that bridge.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:721454
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.