Agnostic.com

1 7

So I live 2 miles from the Illinois border, where cannabis is legal via the Democratic Governor Pritzker & a friendly Assembly. After consuming my 5 year horde from 2018 returning from Colorado & growing 2 plants, I crossed the border. I search periodically for a dispensary, one that is nearer than 50 miles round trip. How timely a dispensary opened last month a mere 20 miles round trip. So as an introvert, I girded up my loins for a trip to the city. I am saved. Not as an addict as one can addict themselves to anything their brain is subject to. But as a supporter of a plant my great grandmother grew in her medicinal garden. One that adults use to enhance life's joys.Then the government decided they could not tax it as it was so easy to grow so they outlawed it, gave it a "foreign" name, Marijuana, Mary Jane, a drug used by Mexicans, jazz musicians, & "the blakes". Included it as a Class A drug along with heroin, & began a "war" which shot ourselves in the foot, corrupting nations, running the governments in El Salvador, Haiti, with their peoples running for their lives at our borders. Chickens coming home to roost. Not the people. The policy. Run on sentence much? Having not been out since 2018, I became lost as the route I have taken a thousand times, was completely changed. Where trees, cornfields & houses existed, there are now Amazon/Uline warehouses. I used 1/2 a tank of gas riding around for 2 hours trying to figure out where I was. I suppose that is another argument for me finally getting a cell. Then the dispensary discovered that I have been driving around on an expired drivers license for 2 years. It is a good thing I am a Caucazoid. It is also a good thing that I realized it was Sunday before I drove over to the department of trans Then my meds began to wear off & frustration & anger began to over come me. "Take a deep breathe & count to 4", she said to know one there. Is this what is called a "bad day" ? Not if I make it home alive without getting pulled over by a zealous cop. The dispensary was very rewarding the next day after I renewed my license. I may have to move back to Illinois.

Mooolah 8 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I find the best deals at Rise Mundelein in the Western Chicago suburbs. I multiple discounts for age and veteran. They also have a smoking lounge; you are supposed to make reservations and do need to make a purchase.

I need a deal in real estate. So Ivy Hall in Waukegan/Park City gives 30% off the 1st hour & last hour on Sunday. Then senior discount, the 1st time there discount, the manager discount. I ended up with a 50% discount, tipped her 10 bucks. Only been open 1 month. Waukegan is not exactly a liberal enclave as Evanston where I grew up. Remember Sabajian? Mundelein is a long way from Oak Park. Looked at properties in Mundelein when it was rural, back in the day. Waukegan has a large Hispanic population & they are very business oriented. Not to mention the youth vote. If Biden wants an easy win, he has to legalize. Kamala will.

@Mooolah I'm actually a Pennsylvania boy. I'm up here with a local woman. Still learning the area. When I joined Agnostic, I was living in Gettysburg.

@Beowulfsfriend Sabonjian was Mayor of Waukegan and was to the right of Ghenghis Khan. You know. "Shoot to kill" type. A very diverse city but a city none the less. Enjoy the summer in Illinois The People's Republic of Evanston is home to high taxes, reparations for the black community in the form of a 25K gift to fix up their property, and Big 10 Northwestern University, home of Holocaust deniers. Oh yes. 1969 Time Magazine's high school of the year ETHS! Got me into U of I.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:722381
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.